- 1 Best Standing Desk Chairs (Updated List)
- 1.1 1. Modway Veer Drafting Chair
- 1.2 2. Safco Products 3395BL Vue Extended Height Mesh Chair
- 1.3 3. Modway Adjustable Edge Drafting Chair
- 1.4 4. SMUGDESK Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk
- 1.5 5. Eurotech Office Chair for Standing Desks
- 1.6 6. AmazonBasics Multi-Purpose Adjustable Office Drafting Spa Stool
- 1.7 7. Boss Office Products B16245-BK Drafting Stool
- 1.8 8. Office Star Deluxe Drafting Chair
- 1.9 9. SMUGCHAIR Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk
- 1.10 10. Office Star Sculptured Vinyl Seat and Back Pneumatic Drafting Chair
- 2 7 Things To Know Before Buying A Standing Desks Chair
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions – Standing Desk Stools
- 4 Tall Office Chairs For Standing Desks Comparison Chart For 2020
- 5 Conclusion
It may be true that our sedentary lifestyle is one of the reasons for the obesity crisis faced in this age of digital revolution, especially in a corporate set up. But did you also know that most companies are using employee health issues as a reason for investing in cheap, crappy chairs in offices and that they are not even aware the normal variety of chairs leave alone the best tall office chairs for standing desks and standing desk stools?
In order to make employees inclined to sit less the companies are buying uncomfortable chairs, which in the long run is just going to add stress to the spine. So wake up! We definitely are spending more time sitting at work but that does not mean we ditch our chairs all together!
It isn’t feasible to work all day while standing neither is it a great idea to add to our spine problems by using chairs that do zero in terms of comfort. What do we do then? The answer is simple! Here is a list of the tall office chairs for standing desks and standing desk stools with chic designs that allow the user to maintain a good posture during the heavy work hours. Invest in one of these and bid goodbye to your back problems!
Best Standing Desk Chairs (Updated List)
Modway Veer Drafting Chair
|View On Amazon|
Safco Products 3395BL Vue Extended Height Mesh Chair
|View On Amazon|
Modway Adjustable Edge Drafting Chair
|View On Amazon|
SMUGDESK Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk
|View On Amazon|
Eurotech Office Chair for Standing Desks
|View On Amazon|
1. Modway Veer Drafting Chair
Lexmod Drafting Stool is one of the best stools that are available in the market. Perfect for a drafting table LexMod drafting stool comes in a breathable mesh back and padded waterfall seating for maintaining perfect body posture.
An extremely important feature for any drafting stool is the seat tilt tension control so that the back can be secured. This one actually comes with a knob that helps secure the back in place and is perfect for adjusting according to body weight.
If you have a carpeted office then fret not as LexMod drafting stool will smoothly glide over the carpeted area as it has hooded dual-wheel casters. It is one of the most user-friendly stools due to its adjustable seat height with a one-touch pneumatic lift.
- Durable and breathable mesh back
- Foam Seat
- Mesh seat cover
- High quality tilt tension control
- A tall cylinder that is pneumatic in nature
- One-touch swift height adjustment
Coming down to reality:
- The product is really popular due to its sleek design that suits most office spaces.
- The tilt adjustment and one-touch pneumatic adjustable seat height are some of the best features in this product available at a low price range. It is very affordable for anyone looking for budget standing stools.
- The seat height may not raise enough for a very high desk but the lean back feature is ensures extremely comfort which most consumers buy this product for.
2. Safco Products 3395BL Vue Extended Height Mesh Chair
This product has a sleek design and suits well in corporate offices, clinics, and laboratories.
For those working long hours and looking for, all-day comfort can invest in such a product as its breathable mesh back and height-adjustable seat with footrest ensures a highly comfortable experience. It also has a 360-degree swivel that is an added feature not found usually in other products.
- Thickly padded black vinyl seat
- Padded vinyl back
- One-touch adjustment of seat height
- 360-degree smooth swivel
- Gorgeous teardrop footrest
- Polished chrome base
- Dual Wheel Carpet Casters and Glides
Coming down to reality:
- The product has been reviewed positively since the height can be extended to 36 inches and for the foot rest which is highly stable.
- The seat cushion is very firm and hence it is not advised for extended use as there might be trouble if you are prone to backaches or body aches.
- Considering the price of the product when compared to others in the market, it is on the higher side with features that are not brilliantly upscale, though.
3. Modway Adjustable Edge Drafting Chair
The Lexmode Edge standing chair has an old-time charm in terms of looks combined with ergonomics to deliver the best seating experience. Comfort at its best is what this chair has to offer. The chair is most suited for those who prefer more height for performing tasks for long hours and hence relieve back strains.
- Long-lasting mesh back that is breathable and light
- Seat made of high-quality sponge
- The cover of the seat features black leatherette
- Can be tilted and comes with tension control
- You can adjust the height
- Comes with chrome foot-ring
To be honest:
- This chair has every feature that a tall standing chair must-have. It can be used for multiple purposes as well.
- Adjustable height makes it easy to lower the height for a regular desk chair and raise the height for use in front of the drafting table as well
- At the price range, it is going to be a great buy
- Though this product is really sturdy at times the comfortability of the seat is questioned.
4. SMUGDESK Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk
If you tend to get quite hot while sitting on the chair, particularly in the summer, then you might want to give this chair a good look. Created for extremely good air permeability, this drafting chair made with a mesh back will promote proper air circulation, allowing you to sit cozily for a good couple of hours. You should no longer feel that you are sweating, even if it’s particularly hot.
Aside from breathability, this chair also features efficient lumbar support. It will prevent muscle fatigue and strain – so, even if you are sitting on the chair for a couple of hours, you should no longer feel the associated back pain. The seat is also soft and nicely padded, ensuring that your bottom feels comfortable every time you sit.
- Breathable mesh back
- Built-in lumbar support
- Adjustable seat height
- Included foot ring
- Swivels a full 360 degrees
- Durable nylon base
- Soft caster materials that protect your floors
Coming Down to Reality:
- This chair has pretty good breathability in comparison to other chairs
- It is very easy to install thanks to the included instructions
- The footrest is very convenient, although some still believe that an extra lower footrest would be quite helpful
5. Eurotech Office Chair for Standing Desks
Eurotech’s tall standing chair comes with a choice of two color tones, black or white. Undoubtedly this one is a complete value for money.
- The seat height, arm height, and back height can be adjusted
- Strong dual-wheel casters
- Durable mesh fabric
- Hardware and frame warranty of a lifetime
To be honest:
- Most of the standing chairs available in the market do not provide arm width adjustment. But this chair, other than having height adjustment also has arm width adjustment, which is a great feature as it ensures comfortable seating while working in front of a computer desk.
- The chair is solidly built and provides a great comfort factor. The arm height can be adjusted as well which makes it convenient for the users to sit for a pretty long time in any posture that they want to.
AmazonBasics Multi-Purpose Adjustable Office Drafting Spa Stool
|View On Amazon|
Boss Office Products B16245-BK Drafting Stool
|View On Amazon|
Office Star Deluxe Drafting Chair
|View On Amazon|
SMUGCHAIR Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk
|View On Amazon|
Office Star Sculptured Vinyl Seat and Back Pneumatic Drafting Chair
|View On Amazon|
6. AmazonBasics Multi-Purpose Adjustable Office Drafting Spa Stool
Are you looking for something that is classy, effective, and at the same time, not very expensive? In that case, you might want to try this model. Made with a stool design and with bonded leather upholstery (black or beige, your choice), it is the perfect thing for the workplace.
This stool may be compact, but at the same time, it has a 250-pound capacity – which means you can easily sit on it even if you are on the slightly heavier side. Plus, the supportive back cushion ensures that you remain comfortable even if you are sitting for most of the day.
- Supportive and padded backrest
- Bonded leather upholstery
- 360-degree swivel
- Holding capacity of 250 pounds
- One-year limited warranty
- Compact design for offices
Straight to the Subject:
- The chair itself is perfect to raise you at a comfortable height, keeping your back straight
- Quite stable construction, even though it was made to be so compact
- It does not have any armrests, but this makes it quite quick to sit on or get off from
- Very easy to put together, even if you are not an expert in the field
7. Boss Office Products B16245-BK Drafting Stool
This chair will be a very cool addition if you are buying it for your home or work. The chair is pretty smart to look at the design is really compact. If the look of your space is minimalist in nature, this chair would be a very stylish chair to put up.
What’s more, you can actually replace the chrome foot ring as well. From your home studio to your office to your chamber (dentists are you all listening?) this will serve all your purposes.
- Chrome base
- Durable dual-caster wheels
- Full swivel
- Removable foot ring
- One-touch smooth lever
- CaresoftPlus fabric
- 3-inch well-cushioned seat
- Colour options
- Adjustable seat height and backrest
Coming down to reality:
- The chair is mostly found to be very good for people who have bought it as a kitchen station chair.
- The chair has really good cushions. Well comparing it to a spa maybe a bit too much but the cushion has been found to be really comfortable.
- This chair is what can be said as value for money. The chair is of superior quality compared to what one shells out for the product.
- The chair is found to be pretty comfortable even when people sit on it for a long time.
- Assembling the chair is pretty easy and the instructions are really clear. And you don’t really need any additional help for assembling.
- You can keep the foot-ring away if the individual using it is really tall and feels uncomfortable while using a footing.
- The wheels do not have any locks. So you have to be very careful that you do not just slide away while sitting.
- But for people who need a wider space to sit on, this chair just might not be enough.
8. Office Star Deluxe Drafting Chair
A wise choice if you are a bit constrained on the budget while building or renovating your office. It can be used as a chair for your mini bar at home and your kitchen as well if you have a minimal décor at your home. The chair has pretty neat lumbar support and a thickly padded seat, which will make the occasional seating times pretty comfortable.
- Heavy-duty nylon base
- Dual wheel carpet caster
- One-touch seat height adjustment
- Adjustable footrest
- Superior quality lumbar support
- Durable mesh back
Coming down to reality:
- The back of the chair has really good support.
- The chair is more or less sturdy but if you put too much pressure on the foot-ring, then there might be a problem of balance but otherwise, it is good for moderate to heavyweight bodies.
- It can be used comfortably if used on a kitchen workstation but it is not a very good choice when it comes to office.
9. SMUGCHAIR Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk
If you are looking for something affordable yet qualitative, then you might want to look at this chair. Made with premium mesh material on the back, it promotes good air circulation, allowing you to sit comfortably for a prolonged time. Plus, the seat is padded and covered in mesh, making it quite comfortable even during summer days, when the weather is rather warm. This chair is perfect if you also experience quite a lot of back pain. It supports the correct position of your back, preventing muscle strain and fatigue – even if you end up sitting at the desk for a long number of hours. Granted, you need to train yourself to stay in the correct position.
- Premium mesh back material
- Adjustable seat height and footrest
- Built-in support for your lower back
- Smooth-rolling casters that should protect the floors
- Can swivel 360 degrees with ease
- Upholstered soft and comfortable seat
In All Honesty:
- The seat is made from materials of a very high quality
- This seat provides great lumbar support that allows you to seat comfortably for a prolonged timeframe
- The rolling casters are soft and smooth – and therefore protect the floors, even if you swivel around a lot
- The installation kit makes it very easy for you to install the kit, even if you are a beginner
10. Office Star Sculptured Vinyl Seat and Back Pneumatic Drafting Chair
Sometimes, you need a chair to be the star of the room – in which case, you might want to give this product a try. With its economical drafting features and pneumatic seat height adjustment, it allows you to quickly position yourself for every task that you may have. The seat and back are made from durable vinyl, ensuring that they will last you for quite some time. Plus, the heavy-duty nylon base along with the smooth wheel carpet casters allow you to swiftly move around, without causing any damage to your floors. This is quite convenient if you have hardwood floors or surfaces that are easily scratched.
- Heavy-duty carpet casters
- Adjustable seat and back height
- Durable vinyl back and seat
- Heavy-duty nylon construction
- Capacity of 250 pounds in total
To Be Fair:
- The chair is of quite a high quality and is very durable
- The casters are very soft on the floor, which means you won’t leave marks
- The chair is compact while being quite comfortable
7 Things To Know Before Buying A Standing Desks Chair
Among all the models in the market like massage office chairs, comfy desk chairs, chairs for bad backs and reclining types with footrest, it is very important to find the model that fits in your desk.
You should always remember that in case of a standing desk, it should always be on the level of your elbow. On doing this you will find that your laptop or computer screen is just on your eye level so that you need not strain your eyes or tilt your head up or down.
A high chair will allow you to sit only when you are tired of standing and working at your station. A high office chair is the most useful when you do not have to move from your workstation to rest.
Some high chairs are designed to use as a proper chair, but in other instances, high chairs are also designed in such a way that they can be used at bars and kitchen as well.
The chair designers now craft the chairs in order to minimize the user’s body movement and to not hamper their work. Some chairs are really not expensive but some chairs are low cost but their support system is compromised.
Some Additional Criteria
There is an ample amount of options that are available in the market but you have to choose very wisely. You need to keep your eyes open for the following criteria if you want to invest your money for a good high office chair.
- You should look out for excellent lumbar support of the chair. The lumbar support is the main thing that a high chair should offer though at times it might be a little bit compromised because of the height.
- The backrest of a highchair should be adjustable. The backrest should have a very flexible tilt in both ways.
- A high chair may or may not have wheels.
- You have to be really careful if you need to buy a high chair for your kids because you need to check the harness and safety guides in every way.
- Stay away from the second-hand ones because assembling them might be a big problem.
- Be careful about the assembly and carefully sort your parts out.
- When you are buying high office chairs you need to be very careful about the maximum height of the chair and also you need to be careful about the way you work on a laptop or a monitor while sitting on a high stool or chair.
While buying an office high chair, you cannot say that there is one type of chair, which should be considered as THE best. As already mentioned, the purpose should be the primary driving factor. But what is the point of buying an ergonomic chair when it comes to office chairs? Just read on to know further about the specialty of this kind.
Height of the seat:
The seat height is a really important factor and you should be very clear that it is easily adjustable in nature. In the case of normal chairs, the seat from the floor would range from 16 to 21 inches and that would be comfortable for people with standard heights because then the individual can place his feet plat on the floor. In case of tall standing chairs, the height will, of course, be more but then you should take care that the chairs have sturdy foot-rings, which would aid the individual to keep his legs at a position of rest.
Seat quality in terms of width and depth:
The seat should be wide enough and should have deep padding so that the individual can sit comfortably on the chair. The standard width of the chair is 17 to 20 inches so that you can sit comfortably with on a cushioned spot and restfully while keeping your spine straight.
When it comes to backrests, the chairs should have the curve, which can support the natural bend of the spine. The backrest should have an adjustable height and reclining technique that will aid in the well being of the spine. You should also take note of the safety of the recliner lock, which will help in easing the tension when the individual can move back and forth.
Not only the seat height and backrest, but the armrests also need to be adjustable in nature. The armrest should also be padded enough so that when the person who is using the chair sits, his hands can remain in a parallel position and his forearm, from the elbow to the palms, can rest nicely. Also, it would be great if the armrests are padded adequately.
Caster wheels and swivels:
You should also take note of the fact that most of the modern ergonomic chairs come with wheels and swivels and the chair should rotate nicely so that the purpose of investing in an ergonomic chair is fulfilled. Also, the wheels should be smooth so that the individual does not have to strain himself to reach from one part of the room to another. Though the tall standing office chairs will not necessarily come with a wheel, you should have a general lookout about the sturdiness of the chair and the swivel.
Lumbar support is perhaps the most important thing, which you should look out for in a chair. Without proper lumbar support, the individual will tend to slouch and this means that with the course of time, he or she will lose the natural curve of the spine. The lumbar support is the factor that actually protects the lower back. In the case of high chairs, the lumbar support is always not as brilliant as the normal chairs, so you should be very careful about that and understand how long the person will spend on the high chair at the office desk. You should buy the high chair after a proper evaluation of this factor.
It may sound really weird, but you should also consider the general weight factor of the people for whom you are buying the chair. Tall chairs are usually not very comfortable for people with heavier weights as the chairs mainly rest on one long pole. So you should also take note of the fact that the people sitting on the chairs weigh moderate to normal for them to sit comfortably on the chairs.
Some Benefits of Tall Office Chairs
Now, when a highchair or tall standing chair is something that you have to buy, you should also take note of the fact of how effective high chairs are and what are their benefits. Also, you must be wondering are there any kind of health risks they can bring about, if not used wisely? Just skip through to find out.
The benefits of tall standing chairs and stools:
- The tall standing chairs can effectively reduce your body ache. Yes, it is true! When you use a tall chair you will tend to slouch less. Also, tall chairs are mostly used in offices where there are high fixed tables, which mostly require the person to stand and work.
- The tall chairs will not only help you reduce your body or backache but it will also help you in keeping your shoulders in a straight position.
- The tall chairs will prompt you to take frequent walks and you will remain active even while working on a desk.
Though the benefits are pretty cool, the tall standing chairs also bring about a lot of negatives.
The disadvantages of the tall chairs can be listed below:
- The tall chairs cannot support a very heavyweight and it creates a big problem for those who are on the healthier side but need to sit on a high chair in the office.
- The tall chairs lack proper lumbar support and a wider backrest. Maybe they will have a reclining backrest but the lumbar support is compromised at times.
- The designers, at the time, are asked to craft in such a way that they try to minimize the space taken by the chairs. This also affects the fact when it comes to tall standing chairs.
Frequently Asked Questions – Standing Desk Stools
Here are so very useful FAQs about tall standing chairs. We know you all have a lot in mind; these FAQs will help you make an informed decision.
- Would standing desk stool needs a fixed workstation? Yes, the workstation also needs to be high enough so that the chair is at such a level with the station that the elbow of the person sitting on the chair is right on the station. But worry not, our team has also researched and reviewed other office furniture that you may find useful. Check out our other articles and not only the chair-related ones.
- What is the difference between drafting tools and high standing chairs? Basically, there is no big difference between drafting stools and high chairs except the fact that you just cannot expect a backrest for any stool. When you are buying a stool make sure you are buying it for kitchen station, your mini bar at home or for other purposes where the span of sitting would be short. The chairs have a backrest and are generally bought for office purposes.
And Two More Essential Questions:
- Why are most of the high standing chairs without armrests? In reality, The chairs and stools of this kind are mostly without armrests because these chairs are very dynamic in nature and they are used for a smaller amount of seating time. So armrests are not necessarily needed as the individuals can sit on them and directly work on their stations or tables. Also, these chairs consider the fact that the armrests, at times, do not allow the user to go close to the desk. Now, this is another problem, which can be overcome if there are no armrests on the chairs.
- Is there any particular kind of footrest that is good for the legs? Seems like that really depends on the purpose of usage but the foot-ring or the teardrop footrests both are quite effective.
Tall Office Chairs For Standing Desks Comparison Chart For 2020
|Office Star Deluxe Drafting Chair||$||Black||Stainless Steel||23 x 26 x 50.2 ”||31 pounds||250 lbs|
|AmazonBasics Multi-Purpose Adjustable Office Drafting Spa Stool||$||Black or Beige||Faux Leather||24.2 x 24.2 x 32.5″||18.5 pounds||250 pound|
|Boss Office Products B16245-BK Drafting Stool||$||Black||Stainless Steel||25 x 25 x 47 ”||26 pounds||250 pound|
|Safco Products 3395BL Vue Extended Height Mesh Chair||$$$$||Black||Nylon||25 x 25 x 39.5 ”||30 pounds||250 lbs|
|Modway Veer Drafting Chair||$$||Red||Nylon, Metal||22.5 x 25.5 x 50″||32 pounds||250 lbs|
|Office Star Sculptured Vinyl Seat and Back Pneumatic Drafting Chair||$||Black||Vinyl seat and breathable mesh||23.5 x 19.5 x 49.5″||29 pounds||250 lbs|
|Eurotech Office Chair for Standing Desks||$$$$$||Black||Fabric||24 x 25 x 56″||50 pounds||250 lbs|
|Modway Adjustable Edge Drafting Chair||$$$||Brown||Plastic, Mesh, Polyurethane, Chrome||29.5 x 28.5 x 45″||20.8 pounds||330 lbs|
|SMUGDESK Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk||$$||Black||Mesh||32 x 24 x 7″||30 pounds||300 lbs|
|SMUGCHAIR Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair for Standing Desk||$||Dark Black||Mesh||21.8 x 21 x 10.5″||31.9 pounds||230 lbs|
In conclusion, we can only say that we hope to have helped you with your selection. Without a doubt, choosing the best tall office chair for a standing desk can be a challenge but you are now surely armed with more information. In case you need a refresher just scroll up and check out our office chair for standing desk reviews one more time.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or feedback. We count on you to spread the word so that our users can also benefit from our guides. Also, make sure you pay our other pages visit too. We can help you with all sorts of office furniture reviews.
Thanks for reading!