- 1 Top Rated Standing Desk Chairs
- 1.1 1 – Harwick Tall Office Chair for Standing Desks
- 1.2 2 – Eurotech Office Chair for Standing Desks
- 1.3 3 – Lexmode Edge Ergonomic Drafting Chair
- 1.4 4 – Lexmod Veer Drafting Chair with Arms
- 1.5 5 – Safco Products 3442BL tall Office Chair for Standing Desks
- 1.6 6 – Safco Products Standing Desk Stool
- 1.7 7 – Boss Office Products Stool for Standing Desks
- 1.8 8 – Office Star Deluxe Drafting Chair
- 1.9 9 – Boss Office Products B16245-BK Drafting Stool
- 1.10 10 – Office Star Pneumatic Drafting Ofiice Chair
- 2 7 Things To Know Before Buying A Standing Desks Chair
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions – Standing Desk Stools
- 3.1 Would standing desk stool needs a fixed workstation otherwise, there is no use for a standing station. The workstation also needs to be high enough so that the chair is at such a level with the station that the elbow of the person sitting on the chair is right on the station.
- 3.2 What is the difference between drafting tools and high standing chairs?
- 3.3 Why are most of the high standing chairs without armrests?
- 3.4 Is there any particular kind of footrest that is good for the legs?
- 4 Tall Office Chairs Comparison Chart For 2018
- 5 Conclusion
It may be true that our sedentary lifestyle is one of the reasons for obesity crisis faced in this age of digital revolution, especially in a corporate set up. But did you also know that most companies are using employee health issue as a reason for investing in cheap, crappy chairs in offices and that they are not even aware the normal variety of chairs leave alone the best tall office chairs for standing desks and standing desk stools?
In order to make employees inclined to sit less the companies are buying uncomfortable chairs, which in the long run is just going to add stress to the spine. So wake up! We definitely are spending more time sitting at work but that does not mean we ditch our chairs all together!
It isn’t feasible to work all day while standing neither is it a great idea to add to our spine problems by using chairs that do zero in terms of comfort. What do we do then? The answer is simple! Here is a list of the tall office chairs for standing desks and standing desk stools with chic designs that allow the user to maintain a good posture during the heavy work hours. Invest in one of these and bid goodbye to your back problems!
Top Rated Standing Desk Chairs
1 – Harwick Tall Office Chair for Standing DesksThis is designed for efficiency and comfort in your work environment. It comes with mesh screen back with chrome finish that adds to the design of the product.
An ideal chair should allow one to work at the desk in a standing position without having to do any adjustments to the desk or the position of the person. This chair comes with a proper contoured seat with waterfall edge that helps relieve the pressure on your legs and has adjustable arms, which are urethane padded for long-term comfort.
For the perfect fit, this one comes with a proper adjustable lumbar support that not only helps maintain good posture but also allows forward and backward tilt for maximum versatility.
If you are on the lookout for a tall standing chair that is stylish yet effective then this chair must be your first choice. It has a contemporary look due to the platinum accents on the frame and the arms.
- Upgraded design
- Standard ergonomic designs and features
- The lumbar can be adjusted as and when required
- Waterfall style seat
- The footrest is also adjustable
- The headrest can be adjusted according to the need
- Heavy duty nylon base
- Standard neumatic seat height adjustment
- Long lasting mesh screen back
- High-quality dual wheel casters
- A brilliant ten year limited warranty
Coming down to real life:
- You do not need to shell out extra bucks in order to get some added features. This tall standing chair for standing desks and standing desk stools comes with a headrest that one may choose to install or leave it off.
- An extra-added feature that sets this apart from other drafting chairs is that it does not have a fixed height footing and it can be adjusted to ones liking.
- It is also extremely easy to assemble and comes with proper tools to assemble the product and is praised for the comfort that it can provide.
2 – Eurotech Office Chair for Standing DesksEutotech’s tall standing chair comes with a choice of two color tones, black or white. Undoubtedly this one is a complete value for money.
- The seat height, arm height, and back height can be adjusted
- Strong dual wheel casters
- Durable mesh fabric
- Hardware and frame warranty of a lifetime
To be honest:
- Most of the standing chairs available in the market do not provide arm width adjustment. But this chair, other than having height adjustment also has arm width adjustment, which is a great feature as it ensures comfortable seating while working in front of a computer desk.
- The chair is solid built and provides a great comfort factor. The arm height can be adjusted as well which makes it convenient for the users to sit for a pretty long time in any posture that they want to.
3 – Lexmode Edge Ergonomic Drafting ChairThe Lexmode Edge standing chair has an old time charm in terms of looks combined with ergonomics to deliver the best seating experience. Comfort at its best is what this chair has to offer. The chair is most suited for those who prefer more height for performing tasks for long hours and hence relieve back strains.
- Long-lasting mesh back that is breathable an light
- Seat made of high-quality sponge
- Seat cover made of black leatherette
- Seat can be tilted and comes with tension control
- Seat height can be adjusted
- Comes with chrome foot-ring
To be honest:
- This chair has every feature that a tall standing chair must have. It can be used for multiple purposes as well.
- Adjustable height makes it easy to lower the height for a regular desk chair and raise the height for use in front of drafting table as well
- At the price range, it is going to be a great buy
- Though this product is really sturdy but at times the comfortability of the seat is questioned.
4 – Lexmod Veer Drafting Chair with ArmsLexmod Drafting Stool is one of the best stools that are available in the market. Perfect for a drafting table LexMod drafting stool comes in a breathable mesh back and padded waterfall seating for maintaining perfect body posture.
An extremely important feature for any drafting stool is the seat tilt tension control so that the back can be secured. This one actually comes with a knob that helps secure the back in place and is perfect for adjusting according to body weight.
If you have a carpeted office then fret not as LexMod drafting stool will smoothly glide over the carpeted area as it has hooded dual wheel casters. It is one of the most user-friendly stools due to its adjustable seat height with one touch pneumatic lift.
- Durable and breathable Mesh back
- Foam Seat
- Mesh seat cover
- High quality tilt tension control
- Tall cylinder that is pneumatic in nature
- One touch swift height adjustment
Coming down to reality:
- The product is really popular due to its sleek design that suits most office spaces.
- The tilt adjustment and one-touch pneumatic adjustable seat height are one of the best features in this product available at a low price range. It is very affordable for anyone looking for budget standing stools.
- The seat height may not raise enough for a very high desk but the lean back feature is ensures extremely comfort which most consumers buy this product for.
5 – Safco Products 3442BL tall Office Chair for Standing DesksThis chair can be appropriately be used in cozy design studios to offer a chic look, mailrooms, warehouses or in the conference rooms. It is a durable and highly functional product.
It provides wonderful luxury as the comfortable heavily cushioned chair design has contoured back, which helps maintain the spine position.
For ergonomic seating experience, features like spring tilt and amazing seat height control can be found in this product. This product also has double tone wheel casters for smooth movement on the carpeted area. If you are looking for durability then this is a must buy as it has a 5-star metal base.
- High-quality upholstery
- Superior quality thick cushion contoured back and seat
- Adjustable seat height
- Back tilt tension is also adjustable
- 360-degree effortless swivel
- Five-star chrome base with chrome finish
- Dual carpet wheel casters
- Optional armrests that can also be adjusted
To be honest:
- The product has been praised a lot for the high-quality fabric and sturdy metal chrome base.
- A minor glitch that can be found during extended use of this product is that the foot rest loosens and slides down the shaft but it can be retightened as and when required.
- The chair is really well constructed and is extremely easy to assemble.
6 – Safco Products Standing Desk StoolThis product has a sleek design and suits well in corporate offices, clinics, and laboratories.
For those working long hours and looking for, all day comfort can invest in such a product as its breathable mesh back and height adjustment seat with footrest ensures a highly comfortable experience. It also has 360-degree swivel that is an added feature not found usually in other products.
- Thickly padded black vinyl seat
- Padded vinyl back
- One touch adjustment of seat height
- 360-degree smooth swivel
- Gorgeous teardrop footrest
- Polished chrome base
- Dual Wheel Carpet Casters and Glides
Coming down to reality:
- The product has been reviewed positively since the height can be extended to 36 inches and for the foot rest which is highly stable.
- The seat cushion is very firm and hence it is not advised for extended use as there might be trouble if you are prone to backaches or body aches.
- Considering the price of the product when compared to others in the market, it is on the higher side with features that are not brilliantly upscale, though.
7 – Boss Office Products Stool for Standing DesksThis drafting stool has the perfect back support due it features like back angle lock that locks the back throughout the angle range. The tilt lock also allows the user to lock throughout the tilt range.
Additional features like pneumatic seat lift adjustment, wheel casters, loop arms and a 20-inch diameter chrome footing make this product stand out.
- Stunning black upholstery
- Back tilt lock
- Seat Tilt Lock
- Sturdy nylon Base
- Adjustable seat height through gas lift technique
- Chrome base
- The product is not suitable for 36-inch desks and the metal bracket that holds the back cushion is not durable enough.
- The chair comes with rip away tags that help the user understand the optimum height position.
- Instead of having a regular office chair, the product is overall comfortable and is a good buy at the price range
8 – Office Star Deluxe Drafting ChairA wise choice if you are a bit constrained on the budget while building or renovating your office. It can be used as a chair for your mini bar at home and you kitchen as well if you have a minimal décor at your home. The chair has a pretty neat lumber support and a thickly padded seat, which will make the occasional seating times pretty comfortable.
- Heavy duty nylon base
- Dual wheel carpet caster
- One touch seat height adjustment
- Adjustable footrest
- Superior quality lumbar support
- Durable mesh back
Coming down to reality:
- The back of the chair has a really good support.
- The chair is more or less sturdy but if you put too much pressure on the foot-ring, then there might be a problem of balance but otherwise, it is good for moderate to heavy weight bodies.
- It can be used comfortably if used on a kitchen workstation but it is not a very good choice when it comes to office.
9 – Boss Office Products B16245-BK Drafting StoolThis chair will be a very cool addition if you are buying it for your home or work. The chair is pretty smart to look at the design is really compact. If the look of your space is minimalist in nature, this chair would be a very stylish chair to put up.
What’s more, you can actually replace the chrome foot ring as well. From your home studio to your office to your chamber (dentists are you all listening?) this will serve all your purposes.
- Chrome base
- Durable dual-caster wheels
- Full swivel
- Removable foot ring
- One touch smooth lever
- CaresoftPlus fabric
- 3-inch well-cushioned seat
- Colour options
- Adjustable seat height and backrest
Coming down to reality:
- The chair is mostly found to be very good for people who has bought it as a kitchen station chair.
- The chair is has really good cushions. Well comparing it to a spa maybe a bit too much but the cushion has been found to be really comfortable.
- This chair is what can be said as value for money. The chair is of superior quality compared to what one shells out for the product.
- The chair is found to be pretty comfortable even when people sit on it for a long time.
- Assembling the chair is pretty easy and the instructions are really clear. And you don’t really need any additional help for assembling.
- You can keep the foot-ring away if the individual using it is really tall and feels uncomfortable while using a footring.
- The wheels do not have any locks. So you have to be very careful that yu do not just slide away while sitting.
- But for people who need a wider space to sit on, this chair just might not be enough.
10 – Office Star Pneumatic Drafting Ofiice ChairThe teardrop footrest looks really quirky and this might be a really cool addition not only at your office but also as a kitchen or barstool. It has a really thick vinyl seat and glides conveniently across the floor. The teardrop footrest is also pretty sturdy in nature.
- Black vinyl seat
- Thick padded seat
- Teardrop footrest
- The height adjustment range is 26 to 36 inches
- Chrome base
- Dual wheel carpet casters
- The chair is pretty easy to assemble.
- The footrest makes gives the chair a really edgy look.
- The quality of the chair is pretty decent and the overall comfort provided by the chair is something that has been loved.
- This chair is also pretty long lasting and it has been noted that, if maintained properly, it can last up to years.
- The quality of the seat vinyl is also pretty superior in nature.
7 Things To Know Before Buying A Standing Desks Chair
You should always remember that in case of a standing desk, it should always be on the level of your elbow. On doing this you will find that your laptop or computer screen is just on your eye level so that you need not strain your eyes or tilt your head up or down.
A high chair will allow you to sit only when you are tired of standing and working at your station. A high office chair is the most useful when you do not have to move from your workstation to rest.
Some high chairs are designed to use as a proper chair, but at other instances, high chairs are also designed in such a way that they can be used at bars and kitchen as well.
The chair designers now craft the chairs in order to minimize the user’s body movement and to not hamper their work. Some chairs are really not expensive but some chairs are low cost but their support system is compromised.
There are ample amount of options that are available in the market but you have to choose very wisely. You need to keep your eyes open for the following criteria if you want to invest your money for a good high office chair.
- You should look out for an excellent lumbar support of the chair. The lumber support is the main thing that a high chair should offer though at times it might be a little bit compromised because of the height.
- The backrest of a highchair should be adjustable. The backrest should have a very flexible tilt in both ways.
- A high chair may or may not have wheels.
- You have to be really careful if you need to buy a high chair for your kids because you need to check the harness and safety guides in every way.
- You might want to stay away from the second-hand ones because assembling them might be a big problem.
- You should be careful about the assembly and carefully sort your parts out.
- When you are buying high office chairs you need to be very careful about the maximum height of the chair and also you need to be careful about the way you work on a laptop or a monitor while sitting on a high stool or chair.
While buying an office high chair, you cannot say that there is one type of chair, which should be considered as THE best. As already mentioned, purpose should be the primary driving factor. But what is the point of buying an ergonomic chair when it comes to office chairs? Just read on to know further about the specialty of this kind.
Height of the seat:
The seat height is a rally important factor and you should be very clear that it is easily adjustable in nature. In case of normal chairs, the seat from the floor would range from 16 to 21 inches and that would be comfortable for people with standard heights because then the individual can place his feet plat on the floor. In case of tall standing chairs, the height will, of course, be more but then you should take care that the chairs have sturdy foot-rings, which would aid the individual to keep his legs at a position of rest.
Seat quality in terms of width and depth:
The seat should be wide enough and should have a deep padding so that the individual can sit comfortably on the chair. The standard width of the chair is 17 to 20 inches so that you can sit comfortably with on a cushioned spot and restfully while keeping your spine straight.
When it comes to backrests, the chairs should have the curve, which can support the natural bend of the spine. The backrest should have an adjustable height and reclining technique that will aid in the well being of the spine. You should also take note of the safety of the recliner lock, which will help in easing the tension when the individual can move back and forth.
Not only the seat height and backrest, but the armrests also need to be adjustable in nature. The armrest should also be padded enough so that when the person who is using the chair sits, his hands can remain in a parallel position and his forearm, from the elbow to the palms, can rest nicely. Also, it would be great if the armrests are padded adequately.
Caster wheels and swivels:
You should also take note of the fact that most of the modern ergonomic chairs come with wheels and swivels and the chair should rotate nicely so that the purpose of investing on an ergonomic chair is fulfilled. Also, the wheels should be smooth so that the individual does not have to strain himself to reach from one part of the room to another. Though the tall standing office chairs will not necessarily come with a wheel, but you should have a general lookout about the sturdiness of the chair and the swivel.
Lumbar support is perhaps the most important thing, which you should look out for in a chair. Without a proper lumbar support, the individual will tend to slouch and this means that with course of time, he or she will lose the natural curve of the spine. The lumbar support is the factor that actually protects the lower back. In case of high chairs, the lumbar support is always not as brilliant as the normal chairs, so you should be very careful about that and understand how long the person will spend on the high chair at the office desk. You should buy the high chair after a proper evaluation of this factor.
- It may sound really weird, but you should also consider the general weight factor of the people for whom you are buying the chair. Tall chairs are usually not very comfortable for people with heavier weights as the chairs mainly rest on one long pole. So you should also take note of the fact that the people sitting on the chairs weigh moderate to normal for them to sit comfortably on the chairs.
Now, when highchair or tall standing chair is something that you have to buy, you should also take note of the fact how effective high chairs and what are their benefits over normal chairs. Also, you must be wondering are there any kind of health risks they can bring about, if not used wisely? Just skip through to find out.
The benefits of tall standing chairs and stools:
- The tall standing chairs can effectively reduce your body ache. Yes, it is true! When you use a tall chair you will tend to slouch less. Also, tall chairs are mostly used in offices where there are high fixed tables, which mostly require the person to stand and work.
- The tall chairs will not only help you reduce your body or backache but it will also help you in keeping your shoulders in a straight position.
- The tall chairs will prompt you to take frequent walks and you will remain active even while working on a desk.
Though the benefits are pretty cool, the tall standing chairs also bring about a lot of negatives.
The disadvantages of the tall chairs can be listed below:
- The tall chairs cannot support a very heavy weight and it creates a big problem for those who are on the healthier side but need to sit on a high chair in office.
- The tall chairs lack a proper lumbar support and a wider backrest. Maybe they will have a reclining backrest but the lumbar support is compromised at times.
- The designers, at time, are asked to craft in such a way that they try to minimize the space taken by the chairs. This also affects the fact when it comes to tall standing chairs.
Frequently Asked Questions – Standing Desk Stools
Here are so very useful FAQs about tall standing chairs. We know you all have a lot in mind; these FAQs will help you make an informed decision.
Would standing desk stool needs a fixed workstation otherwise, there is no use for a standing station. The workstation also needs to be high enough so that the chair is at such a level with the station that the elbow of the person sitting on the chair is right on the station.
What is the difference between drafting tools and high standing chairs?
Basically, there is no big difference between drafting stools and high chairs except the fact that you just cannot expect a backrest for any stool. When you are buying a stool make sure you are buying it for kitchen station, your minibar at home or for other purposes where the span of sitting would be short. The chairs have a backrest and are generally bought for office purposes.
Why are most of the high standing chairs without armrests?
The chairs and stools of this kind are mostly without armrests because these chairs are very dynamic in nature and they are used for a smaller amount of seating time. So armrests are not necessarily needed as the individuals can sit on them and directly work on their stations or tables. Also, these chairs consider the fact that the armrests, at times, do not allow the user to go close to the desk. Now, this is another problem, which can be overcome if there are no armrests on the chairs.
Is there any particular kind of footrest that is good for the legs?
That really depends on the purpose of usage but the foot-ring or the teardrop footrests both are quite effective.
Tall Office Chairs Comparison Chart For 2018
|Harwick Deluxe Mesh Drafting Stool With Arms||$$$$$||Black||Modern mesh back and chrome finish throughout||29 x 18 x 28 inches||55 pounds||250 lbs|
|Eurotech Apollo Mesh Drafting Chair||$$$$||Black||Fabric||24 x 25 x 56 inches||50 pounds||250 lbs|
|LexMod Edge Drafting Chair||$$$||Brown||Plastic, Mesh, Polyurethane, Chrome||29.5 x 28.5 x 45 inches||40 pounds||330 lbs|
|LexMod Veer Drafting Stool||$$||Red||Nylon, Metal||22.5 x 25.5 x 50 inches||32 pounds||250 lbs|
|Safco Products 3442BL Metro Extended Height Chair||$$$$||Black||Acrylic, Aluminum||26 x 26 x 39 inches||30 pounds||250 lbs|
|Safco Products 3395BL Vue Extended Height Mesh Chair||$$$||Black||Nylon||25 x 25 x 39.5 inches||30 pounds||250 lbs|
|Boss Office Products B1647 Multi-Function LeatherPlus Drafting Stool||$$||Black||Plastic, Wood||35.5 x 27 x 48 inches||42.4 pounds||250 lbs|
|Office Star Deluxe Mesh Back Drafting Chair||$$||Black||Stainless Steel||23 x 26 x 50.2 inches||31 pounds||250 lbs|
|Boss Office Products B16245-BK Be Well Medical Spa Drafting Stool||$||Black||Stainless Steel||25 x 25 x 47 inches||26 pounds||250 pound|
|Office Star Pneumatic Drafting Chair||$$||Black||Metal||24.5 x 18 x 50 inches||31 pounds||200 pound|
So finally, what are the points that you should take a note of while opting for a sturdy high office chair?
- An adjustable control, which can be operated even while sitting on the chair.
- An adjustable tilt of the backrest.
- A height that can be adjusted as well.
- A fabric that does not slip but does not make the person sitting sweat also.
- A good lumbar support to aid the lower back.
- A sturdy base that has five points.
- Armrests, if any, should not be a problem while moving swiftly.
- Good quality caster wheels.
- A good quality seat that creates no pressure on the thighs and knees.
- A good backrest to keep the shoulders steady.
Now that you have a comprehensive idea about the tall chairs and stools, you will surely understand how to pick the perfect office tall standing chair for standing desks and stools.