- 1 Top-Rated Ergonomic Office Chairs
- 1.1 1. Steelcase Gesture Chair
- 1.2 2. Herman Miller Embody Chair
- 1.3 3. Steelcase Comfy Office Chair
- 1.4 4. Eurotech Ergohuman Office Chair
- 1.5 5. Flash Furniture Mid-Back Mesh Chair
- 1.6 6. GM Seating Dream Chair
- 1.7 7. Black Pu Leather High Back Office Chair
- 1.8 8. SPACE Seating Professional Office Chair
- 1.9 9. New Ergonomic Office Chair
- 1.10 10. Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Desk Chair
- 2 Your Personal Comfort Guide
- 3 Ergonomic Office Chairs: What to Look For?
- 4 Comfy Desk Chair Tips
- 5 It Is Important To Avoid Neck Pain
- 6 How To Make Desk Chair More Comfortable
- 7 Benefits Of A Good Working Environment
- 8 Most Comfortable Office Chair Comparison Chart For 2018
- 9 Bottom Line
What do you think of when considering the most comfortable office chairs? A high back office chair? For the most part, you’d probably like a chair that no matter how long you sit, you don’t feel pain or stiffness.
After all, sitting for extended hours can put a toll on your back, neck, and shoulders, plus hinder your work. A comfy office chair along with an appropriate workstation is a nice start.
One of the great things about this site is we don’t just offer you the ergonomic office chair reviews on the market, but we provide you with an abundant amount of useful information like what consists in a user-friendly workstation. Not only should you have a comfortable chair that is proportioned to you, but desk heights, computer heights, and phone placement are also important factors when it comes to ergonomics in the workplace.
We invite you to take a moment and read through these sections and best office chair reviews; just perhaps it will help you in making informed decisions when it comes to creating a healthy atmosphere for your body.
- STEELCASE GESTURE CHAIR
- PRICE $$$$
- Color : Blue Jay
- Material : Fabric
- Dimension : 23.6 x 29 x 44.5 inches
- Weight : 76 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 300 lbs
- Herman Miller Embody Office Chair
- PRICE $$$$$
- Color : Balance Black
- Material : Recycled Material
- Dimension : 28 x 27 x 38.2 inches
- Weight : 51 pounds
- Weight Capacity : N / A
- STEELCASE COMFY OFFICE CHAIR
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black
- Material : Fabric
- Dimension : 24.8 x 27 x 43.5 inches
- Weight : 48 pounds
- Weight Capacity : Over 300 lbs
- Eurotech Ergohuman Mesh Office Chair
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Copper
- Material : Mesh / Plastic
- Dimension : 26 x 26 inches
- Weight : 66 pounds
- Weight Capacity : Over 250 lbs
- FLASH FURNITURE MID-BACK MESH CHAIR
- PRICE $$
- Color : Black Leather
- Material : Leather
- Dimension : 26 x 24.8 x 11 inches
- Weight : 32.8 pounds
- Weight Capacity : over 300 lbs
Top-Rated Ergonomic Office Chairs
1. Steelcase Gesture ChairWork can become very difficult if you do not have the right kind of chair to sit on. In today’s times, when life revolves mostly around work and work place, it is extremely important to have your own space. For many centuries, it was a symbolic article of state and dignity rather than an article for ordinary use. Work chairs, or any chair intended for people to work at a desk or table, including dining chairs, can only recline very slightly. This particular chair with all its modern features is perfect for your work office as well as your home office.
- It weighs about 76 pounds
- It is great for your posture
- It gives the back all the necessary support
- The arm rests can be adjusted to your choice
2. Herman Miller Embody ChairThe Embody Chair is one of the most comfortable chairs on the market and we contribute that to their design that stimulates oxygen and blood flow while you sit. This, in turn, keeps you relaxed and focused on your tasks. There are six ergonomic adjustments that assist in maintaining a healthy posture which provides a blank canvas for your specific settings. The recliner office chair reduces strain and loss of fluid in the discs. Computer users would greatly benefit from this type of office chair as it provides all those necessary functions and adjustments to create the ideal seating experience such as the three zones of support that concentrate on the thighs, sitting bones, and thorax.
One of the nice things about this comfy office chair is it fits most every body type. It conforms to your back and spine, plus distributes your weight evenly with every movement.
One of the downfalls to this comfortable office chair is the price, it’s definitely not cheap and probably wouldn’t be considered something you want to provide for your entire office fleet, but for a personal chair or boss desk chair, it’s what we like to consider the Cadillac of office chairs and it would make a beautiful addition to any home office.[Read more: Herman Miller Embody Chair]
3. Steelcase Comfy Office ChairA small step down in price from the Herman Miller Embody Chair, but offers a similar bang with all the ergonomic adjustments the Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair has. These include a feature called Liveback, which mimics the natural shape of your spine and transforms and adjusts to maintain that shape with every movement. Also, when you recline, the office chair offers a natural glide system that allows you to still stay visibly focused on and near your work.
If you’re into environmentally friendly products the Steelcase is manufactured out of 94% recyclable products and holds several certifications like Cradle to Cradle, Indoor Advantage, and BIFMA Level 2.
There are many adjustment features on this chair which include seat height, armrest, lumbar, and seat depth. Though you might be spending more for this chair it really does have everything you need in an office chair for a comfortable sitting experience.
In addition, Leap offers a really nice warranty on their office chairs; they promise to live up to the highest standards and offer you a 12-year steel case warranty which leads us to believe that they are confident in the way their chairs are constructed.
4. Eurotech Ergohuman Office ChairAnother really comfy desk chair is the Eurotech Ergohuman Mesh Chair. It’s not only one a comfortable office chair it also rates well in the ergonomic office chair reviews as well.
It features adjustable tilt tension control, tilt lock, back angle and height, synchro tilt, seat height, arm height, and the list just goes on. There’s really nothing that can’t be adjusted on this office chair. Basically, it can conform to anyone’s stature and desk height which is great for computer users, or those who spend most of their workday sitting. However, if you’re a very tall individual we would suggest finding an office chair with more of a back height range so that the lumbar and head rest will accommodate you more efficiently.
This ergonomic chair is manufactured with a breathable mesh fabric that stays cool and comfortable no matter how long you sit. It’s also a chair that is environmentally friendly as it’s constructed out of 97% of recyclable materials.
Furthermore, it’s Greenguard indoor air quality certified and meets or exceeds the BIFMA/ANSI standards.
The Eurotech Ergohuman Mesh Chair is priced in the midrange and would be a nice addition for someone who wants to jazz up their home office with a durable, ergonomic, comfortable office chair for their desk.[Read more: Eurotech Ergohuman Office Chair]
5. Flash Furniture Mid-Back Mesh ChairIf you are looking for an ergonomic chair for your office and home office workspace and on a budget, then this is the right choice for you. This ergonomic design distributes the weight of the occupant to various parts of the body. The reclining chair shifts the weight to the occupant’s back, which somehow helps the occupant and the back of the chair supports some of the weight of the occupant, reducing the weight on other parts of the body. The design of the chair is very contemporary and will be a perfect match for any décor. The mesh back lets the skin breathe and makes working more comfortable. The wheels attached on the bottom also makes movement very easy.
- It weighs about 33 pounds
- Gives good support to the back
- Improves the posture
- The height can be increased and decreased.
- GM SEATING DREAM CHAIR
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black Leather
- Material : Genuine Calfskin Leather
- Dimension : 28 x 19 x 25 inches
- Weight : 48 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250 lbs
- BLACK PU LEATHER HIGH BACK OFFICE CHAIR
- PRICE $
- Color : Black
- Material : soft PU leather
- Dimension : 20 x 15 x 3 inches
- Weight : Less than 60 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250LB
- SPACE SEATING PROFESSIONAL OFFICE CHAIR
- PRICE $$
- Color : Multicolor
- Material : Leather
- Dimension : 26.5 x 28 x 55.5 inches
- Weight : 39 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250 lbs
- NEW ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR
- PRICE $
- Color : Black
- Material : Mesh
- Dimension : 21 x 21 x 60 inches
- Weight : 20 pounds
- Weight Capacity : N / A
- Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Desk Chair
- PRICE $
- Color : Black
- Material : LeatherPlus Fabric
- Dimension : 28 x 26.5 x 48.5 inches
- Weight : 48 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250 pound
6. GM Seating Dream Chair
Are you looking for a full-length office chair to provide support for your whole back? We have the right model for you right here. The GM Seating Dream Chair is one of the most professional looking models available on the market today, and it will inspire confidence to your clients and coworkers.
The chair comes with very clear instructions, and you will be able to assemble it with ease. The whole process shouldn’t take you more than 15 – 20 minutes from the moment you open the box to the one when you’re sitting comfortably in your new chair.
In addition, 97 percent of the materials and components used for making this chair are recyclable, so this is an environmentally friendly seating option.
The seat’s and the backrest’s height can be adjusted so you can make sure that the lumbar support is always placed in the right place, allowing you to keep a good posture throughout your workday.
Furthermore, its fully adjustable arms will allow you to use them when you’re typing, writing, or even when you use other gadgets and devices. You don’t have to slouch your shoulders when you use a tablet. All you have to do is reposition the arms to give you the proper support while you use it.[Read more: GM Seating Dream Chair]
7. Black Pu Leather High Back Office ChairIf you’re looking for something a little different than the traditional mesh material ergonomic office chair that provides that comfort you require when working an office job or hanging out at your computer all day, then this high back executive office chair might be the answer. It’s not mesh at all, in fact, it offers really cushy padding and adjusts to your comfort level with leather upholstery and ample padding on the arm rests. The 360° swivel action glides smoothly around so you can get to certain areas of your working station with ease.
Though there is plenty of room on the chair seat and back, it is not recommended for heavier weights as it has a limit of 250 lbs. There are a few adjustments available with this chair such as height adjustment, however, there aren’t as many as other ergonomic chairs that are available.
There is one thing that is hard to compete with when you are looking for a chair that provides long lasting comfort, and that is the price. It’s a very handsome looking chair and the price is handsome as well, very, very affordable. This would probably be a nice choice for someone looking to buy in bulk for a complete office.
8. SPACE Seating Professional Office ChairAnother one of the comfy desk chairs is the Space Seating Professional. It has a comfortable padded leather seat and breathable backrest. Easily adjust the height of your seat with the one touch pneumatic seat height adjustment lever.
Furthermore, there are other ergonomic adjustment features available, including the headrest, lumbar support area and the adjustable angled arms with soft PU pads that provide that additional comfort while resting your arms. Also, this chair allows you to adjust the tilt with the 2 in 1 Synchro tilt control and tilt tension.
This specific office chair is designed with quality parts that will last you and not fall apart like the cheaper plastic accessories that other chairs are constructed out of.
This is not the cheapest comfortable office chair, but you do get what you pay for.
The mesh back is both firm and responsive. It is a harder back chair so if you are looking for something softer and cushioned, it’s probably not the chair for you. For support, it’s one of the most comfortable office chairs that will assist in maintaining proper posture and keep your spine aligned where it needs to be.[Read more: Space Seating Professional Desk Chair]
9. New Ergonomic Office ChairIf you’re looking for an economically affordable ergonomic office chair, this might be the one for you. Priced well below many of the other popular office chairs, it offers a lot of the nice features that are included in the more expensive models.
The office chair itself is a mixture of mesh material located on the back, along with a padded seat and cushioning for your neck and head. It also allows you to recline at a comfortable level and can swivel 360°. The armrests are semi-padded but not adjustable. Another nice adjustment is the height, which can be transformed from 19” to 23”.
Furthermore, the base itself is made out of metal and the casters are a hard plastic. One of the only downfalls that we see is it doesn’t have a very wide sitting area, so someone with a larger stature might decide to choose something more accommodating. The weight limit for this particular ergonomic office chair is 225 lbs.
But all in all, it is a great office chair, perfect for a home office or computer desk for a student. Plus, you can’t pass by the affordability either. We’d have to say you are getting a lot of bang for your buck.
10. Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Desk ChairIf you are looking for an office chair but also thinking of other features other than budget, here is one of our favorite chairs. You have the ability to command attention with this affordable handsome looking office chair. It not only looks nice but feels nice as well.
You will receive the lumbar support you need with its design with pneumatic seat height adjustment. The unique waterfall seat construction eliminates leg fatigue caused by sitting for long periods by increasing circulation. The office chair can be adjusted to your specific height requirements and also has a tilt tension control and locking upright position.
This office chair is upholstered with LeatherPlus which is an easy-clean material and only requires a wet cloth. In addition, the office chair has a weight capacity of 250 lbs. with plenty of room in the seat portion for comfortability. Another benefit of this office chair is it does not require any tools to put together and is very easily assembled.
So whether you want a classy design for decorating your office or if you want to add an attractive office chair to your computer table at home then this might be an excellent choice for you. Furthermore, this product is backed by a 6-year warranty.[Read more: Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair]
Your Personal Comfort Guide
We often hear the phrase “in your comfort zone”. The question comes to mind what do we actually mean by that – is it being in an area/space that is easy for us to be in or is it an abstract mental state that alleviates us from our woes and worries? Well, both are equally true and one comes with the other. Comfort is a sense of physical or psychological ease, often characterized as a lack of hardship.
Although the perception of comfort is highly subjective, there is no doubt that in an age of prevalent desk jobs, a comfortable seat goes a long way in keeping you healthy and productive. In most of the cases, we are so engrossed in the work at hand that we ignore the working environment and its importance.
An uncomfortable seat while working can cause many difficulties, for example, irritation, disruption of workflow, etc. The importance of a comfortable seating is often undermined in the regular work routine of an office, but it has alarming consequences in not only the smooth operation of the firm but also on the health of an individual. Studies show that a huge portion of the youth in their early 30s is suffering from back problems. This can be mostly attributed to their seating schedules. Thus, it is quite evident that a comfortable seating environment is of utmost importance and its consolidated effects cannot be ignored for a healthy and successful functioning of an office. Therefore, let us delve into a few office chairs that are going to make your lives comfortable in its true sense.
Ergonomic Office Chairs: What to Look For?
When you’re researching new ergonomic office chairs to go with your workstation or desk there are a few things that you should consider before purchasing. The OSHA answers document can assist you, but it’s not necessary to skim through all those pages when what you need is right here.
- Make sure that the adjustment handles or levers are easily manipulated and easily reached.
- You should be able to adjust the seat height and tilt.
- The right kind of wheels for the flooring
- Swivel action, preferably 360°
- The seat portion should have a curved front so your legs wrap comfortably.
- The backrest should be shaped to support the natural curve of the spine, especially the lumbar portion.
- A breathable material so you won’t sweat or get too hot while sitting.
- Armrests that can be adjusted to the appropriate level of your computer, and ones that do not interfere with the desk or get caught up in any of your work areas.
- Your chair should have a stable base, at least five points.
- Most importantly, the office chair should fit you comfortably.
Follow all of this advice, and you’ll end up with the perfect chair for your needs.
Comfy Desk Chair Tips
All About Increasing Your Productivity at Office
What Should You Do if Your Desk is Not Adjustable?
Of course, to feel the benefits of a well designed chair most importantly is adjusting your office chair to your specific height and comfort level. Which means sitting straight, feet flat on the floor, your armrests sit level so your arm forms a perfect L shape when bent. However, what do you do when your desk or workstation is at a fixed height?
Well, first you want to see how your office chair measures up to the desk or workstation. You want to make sure that when you sit in the office chair in front of the computer that you are facing the screen head on, and when bending your arms to reach the keyboard they should be level; not bending downward or upward. Also, your legs should fit comfortably under the desk without hitting the top.
Lastly, the arms of the office chair should also not interfere with the desk table. If there is an issue with any of these scenarios we have mentioned, this workstation is not for you, and it should not be used as a permanent work area. If you are working for a company, be sure to let your employer know about the issue with your desk; more than likely they will take care of the situation for you.
It Is Important To Avoid Neck Pain
It’s funny that no one ever considers neck pain to come from poor posture. It’s mostly associated with whiplash or injury. Sometimes you chalk it up to sleeping on a bad pillow when you wake up and your neck has a kink. Yes, those are causes, but mostly the main contributing factor to neck pain is poor posture.
It’s a fact that most of the time you don’t even realize what position your body is in. You’re so busy with your tasks, and your focus is not on your neck or your back.
Take, for instance, there is a phone sitting in the cradle on your desk, it rings, you pick it up to answer. At first you’re holding it to your ear with your hand, but as time passes and the phone call is lasting longer, or you are put on hold, or you even need your hands to jot down a message; your neck bends to one side or the other to hold the phone between your shoulder and your ear. You have now put your body in an unnatural position, taking your spine out of natural balanced alignment. A couple times are not going to cause you pain, but after reoccurring infractions, you start to feel a stiffness that radiates from your shoulders to your neck.
Another instance where poor posture is associated with neck pain is during computer usage. Your head should be positioned where it is balanced and you’re looking straight ahead at your screen. It should not be tilted upward or downward. Generally, those who hold positions where you are on the computer most of the day will know that if you have to look up or down your neck is not balanced. Unfortunately, it will cause you unnecessary strain, pain, and sometimes headaches.
Neck pain is not only caused by the neck feeling pain but the surrounding muscles in close proximity like the shoulder area. A person holds a lot of tension on their shoulders, which comes from over compensating for comfort. It may seem minimal and you probably won’t notice anything for a long time, however, if you keep accommodating the workstation, chair, or yourself because it’s more convenient, the pain will eventually creep up on you and as long as it took you to achieve the pain, it will be a constant once it’s there.
When setting up your workstation make sure that the complete area is balanced to you. This means your height, the computer height, chair height needs to match so that you keep your body as straight and balanced as possible. Though your body is designed to do many things and can accommodate many positions, the natural resting position should be aligned. Again, we can emphasize enough; pay attention to your bodies’ alignment. Sit straight, tall, feet flat on the floor, and don’t subject your body to any unnatural position for too long of a time. Practicing good posture in your everyday life can save you a lifetime of pain and discomfort later.
Here Is The Office Chair Of The Future!
How To Make Desk Chair More Comfortable
If you are only working by sitting in one particular place then it is important that you get the right kind of chair to make you feel comfortable so that you can do good work and have mental peace and have no back aches.
- THE CORRECT WAY TO SIT– Proper posture can improve many uncomfortable sitting positions. You should always sit upright with your feet on the ground. Before you criticize your chair, check yourself.
- ADJUST YOUR CHAIR– Take a few minutes to tweak all the adjustments; height, seat, arms and back every time you get up. This will ensure you have no problems while working.
- BACK SUPPORT– You can purchase a lumbar support that attaches to the back of the chair. This support is designed to fit the curvature of your back and support your back where you need it. The support can also provide more padding. Many high budget office chairs have already adjustable lumbar support built into the design of the chair.
- ADDING A FOOTREST– A footrest can keep your feet in a proper sitting position. Keeping your feet in the proper position can help with your posture, circulation and help keep your back aligned. Adjustable arms can provide support to your arms to prevent tight shoulder muscles.
- SPECIAL CHAIRS– There are different chairs for everyone, if you are tall or carrying a few extra pounds, there are chairs designed for you. These chairs have larger cylinders, wider seats and more distance between the arm pads.
- CHANGE THE CHAIR– If you can’t find a comfortable adjustment and you are having regular backaches and muscle problems, then, maybe it’s time for a new chair. Spending some extra money on a good chair will be beneficial for you.
Before deciding, don’t forget to check our new lumbar support cushions post.
Benefits Of A Good Working Environment
Working in a good environment has a lot of benefits as suggested by various schools of thought. Over 90% people work better if they have a good working environment.
It is said that having a good office environment (including furniture and atmosphere) works wonders for your health and career. So, invest in the right kind of products to succeed in life and work.
Most Comfortable Office Chair Comparison Chart For 2018
|STEELCASE GESTURE CHAIR||$$$$||Blue Jay||Fabric||23.6 x 29 x 44.5 inches||76 pounds||300 lbs|
|Herman Miller Embody Office Chair||$$$$$||Balance Black||Recycled Material||28 x 27 x 38.2 inches||51 pounds||N/A|
|STEELCASE COMFY OFFICE CHAIR||$$$||Black||Fabric||24.8 x 27 x 43.5 inches||48 pounds||Over 300 lbs|
|Eurotech Ergohuman Mesh Office Chair||$$$||Copper||Mesh / Plastic||26 x 26 inches||66 pounds||Over 250 lbs|
|FLASH FURNITURE MID-BACK MESH CHAIR||$$||Black Leather||Leather||26 x 24.8 x 11 inches||32.8 pounds||Over 300 lbs|
|GM SEATING DREAM CHAIR||$$$||Black Leather||Genuine Calfskin Leather||28 x 19 x 25 inches||48 pounds||250 lbs|
|BLACK PU LEATHER HIGH BACK OFFICE CHAIR||$||Black||soft PU leather||20 x 15 x 3 inches||Less than 60 pounds||250LB|
|SPACE SEATING PROFESSIONAL OFFICE CHAIR||$$||Multicolor||Leather||26.5 x 28 x 55.5 inches||39 pounds||250LB|
|NEW ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR||$||Black||Mesh||21 x 21 x 60 inches||20 pounds||N/A|
|Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Desk Chair||$||Black||LeatherPlus Fabric||28 x 26.5 x 48.5 inches||48 pounds||250 pound|
In the end, it’s your decision and hopefully, we have given you something to think about. You are a consumer, just as we are, and it’s only fair to watch out for each other’s’ best interest.
Alright, we have given you very valuable information regarding the most comfortable office chairs. We have also provided other informative topics regarding ergonomics of high back office chairs and how to better take care of your body and your posture with an ergonomic office chair.
Hope you enjoyed!