- 1 Why use a Recliner Office Chair than a Traditional Office Chair?
- 2 Best Reclining Office Chairs With Footrest Comparison Chart
- 3 Best Recliner Chairs (Updated List)
- 3.1 1. Duramont Reclining Office Chair
- 3.2 2. RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
- 3.3 3. Giantex Recliner Office Chair with Footrest
- 3.4 4. KILLABEE Reclining Memory Foam Gaming Chair
- 3.5 5. YAMASORO Reclining Office Chair
- 3.6 6. Flash Furniture Contemporary Multi-Position Recliner
- 3.7 7. Merax Technical Leather Executive Recliner
- 3.8 8. REFICCER Big and Tall Reclining Leather Office Chair
- 3.9 9. Liccx Ergonomic Office Chair
- 3.10 10. Von Racer Memory Foam Ergonomic Chair
- 3.11 11. Ticova Executive Office Chair With Footrest
- 4 Why a Recliner Office Chair Improves Sitting Comfort?
- 5 Why Would You Want a Reclining Office Chair with Footrest?
- 6 Wrap Up
Some people ask “What is the best reclining office chair?” and our answer is simple.
A recliner office chair allows the user to lie back in a comfortable position and still be able to complete his or her tasks such as operating a computer or work on paperwork.
Recliner chairs also permit the user to stretch while sitting and keeps the individual from getting stiff when stationed in one position for prolonged periods.
In addition to reclining, some best- selling comfy office chairs come with a footrest so you can get the full effect of a complete recline. Reclining office chairs with footrest is great for taking a 5-minute relaxing break from your work or any reason you require that recline feature.
Now, we want to show you some of our reviews of comfortable office chairs that recline.
We pride ourselves in offering information on whether or not we think they are worth buying. Check for yourself, and perhaps we can help you with your decision.
Why use a Recliner Office Chair than a Traditional Office Chair?
Here in this article, we will compare the Oldschool office chairs with the latest design comfy office chairs, the chairs especially for back pain, massage desk chairs, standing desk chairs, and reclining models.
Do you know what office workers ask themselves nowadays? No, not “when can I go home?” because many people are already working from their homes. That’s the future.
People actually wonder “should I sit, stand, or recline at my desk?“. Our answer is: do whatever you want! Typical office chairs are boring. They only help a person sit and work at his desk. Thus, the main problems in a traditional office chair are:
No support for the neck
– After the few initial hours of a typical workday, every employee starts to bend over into a stupor in the absence of a headrest. This causes muscle spasm to build up in the area and results in a headache or neck pain.
– How often have you seen employees lifting their elbows above their heads to stretch both their hands? A majority of the folks from the last generation used to sit like that even at a party or movies. This is only because they were accustomed to sitting that way as their work chairs always lacked a cushioned armrest.
No lumbar support
– The backrest of most traditional chairs, except the ones with lumbar support, were either straight or curved & designed aesthetically to look good. Never was it designed keeping in mind the shape of the spine, which is neither straight nor oblique. So, the lower back or the lumbar which takes the most bodyweight while sitting was never adequately supported. This caused excruciating back pains which some employees subdued with pain-killers.
Height not adjustable
– In traditional chairs, there was no way in which you could adjust the height of your arms with the desk you were working. When the arms had to continually reach beyond the point of comfort, blood circulation was affected in the arms & wrist which created a lifestyle disease called ‘carpal tunnel syndrome’.
Inability to relax with comfort
– After long hours of sitting in traditional chairs, people tend to shuffle their seating positions with crossed legs or take a short break. However, the spine’s tension is not fully released without reclining because it requires more time to heal.
But as the rat race heightened, workers stooped over screens and desk-jobs demanded inhumane hours at the office – the need for flexibility gave birth to a relaxing innovation. The reclining office chair is a need in today’s environment because of the following reasons:
- Support for neck & head –
They have cushioned headrest or neck pillows which provide ample support for the long hours.
- Support for arms & shoulder –
They have adjustable armrests with hi-density foam and contoured design for ample support to distribute the upper body’s weight laterally as the arms rest.
- Ergonomic lumbar support –
The backrests support the human spine in a variety of postures. Even lumbar pillows and side cushioning relieves the tension in the lower back.
- Height adjustability –
They have a height-adjustable mechanism to match the arms with the working surface and also let the feet rest comfortably. This creates the correct Ergonomic posture, which doesn’t cause back pain or improper blood circulation.
- Ability to fully recline –
Most importantly, recliners allow the person to fully relax his spine in a lying down posture and even take a short nap to feel completely rejuvenated.
Best Reclining Office Chairs With Footrest Comparison Chart
Duramont Reclining Office Chair
|View On Amazon|
RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
|View On Amazon|
Giantex Recliner Office Chair with Footrest
|View On Amazon|
KILLABEE Reclining Memory Foam Gaming Chair
|View On Amazon|
YAMASORO Reclining Office Chair
|View On Amazon|
Flash Furniture Contemporary Multi-Position Recliner
|View On Amazon|
Merax Technical Leather Executive Recliner
|View On Amazon|
Best Recliner Chairs (Updated List)
1. Duramont Reclining Office Chair
This great chair appeals to us because it is made to adequately serve the needs of the customer during long work hours. The high back and soft padding are designed to support the entire back with a particular focus on the lower back. The waterfall seat edge relieves the pain in your thighs.
All the materials are made to endure heavy-duty and long days. The whole chair is covered in PU leather that feels nice on your body. It will also blend nicely with the surroundings. Four caster wheels at the bottom are capable of supporting up to 250lbs. Additional padding forms cushions for the arms and the head for the moments when you decide to take a break. Adjust the reclining position at up to a 155-degree angle according to your preferences.
- The high backrest and waterfall edge
- Rolling casters
- 3 lock reclining positions
- PU leather cover
If We Are Being Honest
- The Duramont chair will most certainly make sure that your days at work seem shorter by providing you with the comfort that you would receive at home. The experience you will have with this chair is enhanced by the many features. You have the freedom to change the reclining position of the chair when you are working or when you just want to take a nap. The high-quality materials will give the chair a longer life, and they will ensure that your whole body is adequately accommodated.
- The manufacturer offers you a great deal by giving you a 90-day trial period. If you are not satisfied with what you have received, your money will be 100% returned.
2. RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
Gamers know that their chair is a big factor that helps them in their gaming challenges. That’s why Respawn came up with this amazing reclining chair that provides you with the right amount of comfort and support. Even if you’ll have long, intense gaming sessions, you can rest assured that comfort will not be missing.
The chair has 4D adjustability – you’ll have the ability to find your optimal position and raise or lower your chair as you wish. The chair can recline between 90 and 155 degrees, and besides, you have infinite locking positions, as well as tilt tension adjustment.
A professional look is maintained, even though there are contrasting colors in the chair’s design. The upholstery is made of bonded leather. And the best part is that you can also use this as an actual office chair.
- 4D Adjustability
- Can be used as an office chair and gaming chair
- Premium upholstery
- Between 90-155 degrees reclining
- Ergonomic comfort
- Full 360 degrees of swivel rotation
- Limited lifetime warranty
To be quite honest:
- Although the chair is comfortable overall and the upholstery is great, it will start cracking after a while.
- You can recline and rotate with the chair, but there are chances to hear loud cracks when you sit on it.
3. Giantex Recliner Office Chair with Footrest
If an organization wanted to care for all their employees and not just the ones with corner offices, they would rather invest in these. By placing a recliner even inside multi-seating cubicles where the toughest are left to toil, you create loyalists. The optimal look and feel of this chair & ottoman combo is a combined effect of the black eco-friendly leather upholstered on lean frames of sturdy metal. It offers just the right balance of comfort and elegance for those who like it without the frills. And did I mention that all this was well under $100 you’d spend on grocery shopping?
- Black matte finish
- Leather Wrapped Bases
- Easy-to-clean PU Leather
Coming down to reality:
- This recliner office chair is a good combo to buy if you want that extra level of comfort at the office without burning a big hole in your pocket at the cost of luxury.
- The quality of the PU leather might not be uber-stylish to the eyes or touch, but they are so to increase durability and easy maintenance.
- No rugs needed to save your hardwood floors. The leather-wrapped base ensures that it does not leave a mark where it is placed.
- If not a perfect match for the WWE Undertaker or any other giant, it would be sturdy and comfortable enough for every other full-grown adult, who fits the average body type.
4. KILLABEE Reclining Memory Foam Gaming Chair
This next gaming chair comes in four fun colors that will make your gaming and working experience comfortable. The unit is equipped with multiple features that will ensure that your muscles are less tense. This way, you can sit for hours and still feel no back pain. The elements can be adjusted. For example, you can change the height of the chair, or you can incline the backrest at up to a 175-degree angle.
The materials of the base are high-quality metal and rolling castors. They can support up to 250lbs. What is most important for your back is that the cushions contain extra foam padding. Moreover, the PU leather used to cover the whole chair looks stylish and nicely accommodates your body.
- Dimensions: 26.0″ x 26.0″x 48.4″- 51.2″ (W x D x H)
- Weight capacity: 250lbs
- PU leather and foam padding
- Up to 175-degree incline angle
- Lumbar support cushion and headrest
- 1-year warranty
To Speak the Truth
- This gaming chair offers you a great set of features for the price that you pay. It contains thick foam padding that will keep your back comfortable and relieved. Note that the armrests are wobbly and the lumbar and neck cushions might tilt to the side.
- Nonetheless, the foam and PU leather will still do the job to keep you comfortable during long hours behind the desk. If you are dissatisfied with the product you have received, you can return it within 30 days and get your money back. Afterward, you can still maintain it in shape by using the 1-year warranty that the product offers you.
5. YAMASORO Reclining Office Chair
With a modern design, this chair was manufactured to make your life better. If you get this, your office or home will look much better and more professional. Aside from the obvious eye-catching feature, the chair has the power to offer you more comfort, which is needed when you spend a lot of time sitting down while you work. This product gives you the chance to get rid of any back pain that you might be dealing with. The backrest is wider and thicker for comfort and support. Meanwhile, the seat cushion will relieve leg pain, and even improve your posture in some cases.
The chair has been made from high-end materials, for your protection, and the environment’s protection. As such, you will have a chair made of PU leather that will be easy to clean, durable, water-repellent and fading resistant.
- 1-year warranty
- Made of environmentally friendly PU leather
- The lower seat raises at 90-130 degrees
- 360-degree smooth rotation
- Flip-up design for the chair arms
- Pain relief
- Wide and thick backrest and seat cushion
To give an honest opinion:
- While there is a leg rest for this chair, it isn’t that strong – so, you may not have such a strong feeling of support
- The seat is comfortable, yet it’s not cushioned properly, and it won’t contour your body.
6. Flash Furniture Contemporary Multi-Position Recliner
There’s nothing better than enjoying some alone time in a proper, comfortable chair, and thankfully, Flash Furniture came up with this chair that will do the job. It is a recliner chair that has a leg rest, allowing you to sit in a nice, comfortable and healthy position at all times. The chair has arms that have been thickly padded for your comfort. Meanwhile, there is a ball-bearing swiveling base that allows you to swivel very easily and with minimal effort.
What’s even better is the fact that the leather upholstery is very durable, which allows you to take care of it without too much hassle. You can clean it easily and it won’t end up damaging. In addition, the chair can be used both in your home and your office, is a great addition.
- Arms padded in thick plush
- Comes with an integrated headrest
- Leg rest
- Black LeatherSoft Upholstery
- Recliner and Ottoman set
- Can be used in an office and a home
- The chair is good for the price, but although it has a headrest, it’s not adjustable.
- Compared to more expensive chair models, the mechanics to recline the chair are pretty rough.
7. Merax Technical Leather Executive Recliner
The next chair we offer you to check out is another example of a whole body-fitting chair. Some of the features limit the range of people who can use it because the height adjustment allows for 1” to 2”. The weight capacity comes up to 242lbs. These two features make it inconvenient for more prominent people.
However, if you are good at the dimensions of the chair, you will find the unit highly efficient. The cushioning is made to support your head, lower back, and legs. The lumbar support can be lowered or lifted. You can also adjust the leg rest accordingly. The materials are made to endure long hours. You can sit for a whole day, and the smooth PU leather will allow your body to breathe. The metal frame and base will successfully withstand the weight of the body.
- Weight capacity: 242lbs
- Adjustable leg rest and lumbar cushion
- Up to 170-degree angle incline
- Hydraulic gas lift height adjuster
- Solid metal frame and base
Let Us Speak the Truth
- This product might not be suitable for some people of different sizes, but it is made to endure the tasks that have been ascribed to it. It is ergonomic and safe thanks to the approved hydraulic gas lift. Although the cushioning is a bit harder, the padding will fit alongside your body to relieve the tension in the muscles during long days.
8. REFICCER Big and Tall Reclining Leather Office Chair
This chair from Reficcer can be up your alley if you need comfort and support. The reclining angle is flexible, and you have a retractable footrest as well. Having said that, it’s easy to accommodate all of your needs. There is a built-in adjustable lumbar support. It also has a controlled lumbar knob that works to give you the right amount of pressure. You can use it to increase or decrease it depending on what you need. Additionally, there is also a locking system that makes sure your chair is secured in place.
The product has a soft padding and waterfall seat edge that relieves pressure on the back of your legs. It allows you to stay comfortable even after hours of sitting on the chair. Also, the best materials were used to make this chair. There are nylon rolling casters and a heavy-duty metal base so you can easily move around. Also, there is bonded leather used to make the chair – this is durable and looks great at the same time.
- 1-year warranty
- Strong and solid construction
- Can withstand up to 400 pounds
- Only high-end materials were used for the chair
- Retractable footrest
- Flexible reclining angle
- Lumbar support and waterfall seat edge
To tell the truth:
- The armrests may become flat after a while of using them.
- If you’re very tall, the footrest may not be that good for you.
9. Liccx Ergonomic Office Chair
Now here’s a reclining office chair which is not leather-made. This one has a mesh backrest and a seat made out of fabric. What we liked most about it is that at first glance you cannot tell about the reclining functions of the unit.
It is a fully functional office chair when retracted as well. The lumbar support is decent although it will not blow you away. The best accessory is the headrest as it stands stable no matter how many times you adjust it.
Unlike some other reclining office chairs, this one can have its armrests adjusted independently. The back height cannot go up a lot so if you are taller than 6’4”, the unit may not be optimal for you.
- Every component is adjustable
- Breathable mesh on the backrest
- Reclines to 135 degrees
- Impressive bearing capacity – 440 lb
Coming down to reality:
- We prefer this office chair mainly for its upright position, but it will be a very good option if you also want to sit back and relax
- The armrests do not have any extra cover so they may feel a little rigid on your elbows and forearms.
- The chair comes with an Allen wrench which is all you need to assemble it.
10. Von Racer Memory Foam Ergonomic Chair
If you need all-encompassing gaming or office chair, this one will do the job for you. The manufacturers have upped the game by providing extra cushions for support and comfort. There are a large lumbar support cushion and a headrest cushion on top of the padding. You can lean back and enjoy what you are doing without worrying about your back pain.
Note that the chair is quite tall. It might be uncomfortable for shorter people. It is made of durable materials, and the caster wheels are designed to support up to 400lbs. The unit gives you the freedom to adjust every part for a perfect fit: height of the chair, backrest incline, pressure of the back, and armrests.
- Dimensions: 6″ x 25.4″x 51.1″- 53.5″
- Up to 400lbs support
- All-inclusive adjustable elements
- Extra lumbar and head cushions
- Metal frame
- Explosion-proof gas spring for safety
What We Really Think
- As already noted, this chair is great for long days you spend sitting down because it is made to accommodate every inch of your body. The added cushions are indeed quite large, and some people could find them annoying. Nonetheless, they can be taken off the chair. Every other part is durable, adjustable, and soft apart from the armrests, which are a bit hard.
- Every part of the chair is covered by a 1-year warranty. Contact the manufacturer about any questions you might have or if something with your unit seems inconvenient.
11. Ticova Executive Office Chair With Footrest
You need thick padding if you want to have proper comfort, and thankfully, Ticova didn’t overlook this aspect. The chair has extra thick padding to make sure there is no pressure on your bottom, legs, and back. You will be able to sit comfortably for many hours, especially if you’re someone who spends a lot of time working while sitting. To make things even better, the high-density foam used for this chair doesn’t deform easily. In fact, it is quite resistant and will maintain its shape.
The leather is scratch-proof and fading resistant, which means the chair will stay in great condition for a long time. The chair itself is adjustable, being able to be tilted and locked from 90 degrees to 155 degrees. The footrest is retractable, so you can decide whether you need to rest your feet or not and use the chair accordingly. Compared to the usual computer chairs, this one is taller and wider.
- 90 days money-back guarantee
- Can be tilted and locked from 90 to 155 degrees
- Thick padding
- Leg rest
- High-density foam
- Durable PU leather
In all fairness:
- It may arrive with a little chemical smell, which is normal given that the product is new, but it’s essential to know that it may be pretty unpleasant.
- The armrests are a little narrow
Why a Recliner Office Chair Improves Sitting Comfort?
Does your office chair fight back while reclining? Or does it give in too easily as you lean back? In the worst cases, leaning back may have caused you to topple over. So, which is it?
If you have faced any of the above-mentioned situations and wondered how to avoid it, you need to know how that big knurled knob under your office chair works. Instead of a knob, there might be a crank handle and there even might be automatic ‘Tilt Control’ if you are using a more sophisticated model.
To tilt or not to tilt is a question, decided by this ‘Tilt Tensioner’ in every modern office chair nowadays. There is a spring inside this contraption and the knob or handle controls the tension on that spring. This mechanism allows the upper part of the chair to lean back with weight while maintaining just the right amount of back support. If you lean back very easily, you need to tighten this knob and if you have to push hard to lean, you need to loosen it.
Leaning back while working is much needed because it de-stresses the spine by stretching it. The more optimal the leaning tension is, the more sitting comfort you have. Simple, isn’t it?
Upright or Reclined – How to Maintain a Neutral Spine?
Our bodies must sit straight, stand tall, and keep moving. An upright posture with a straight pelvis and a stacked spine is how our elders taught us to sit & work attentively. But in 2006, some researchers suggested that a 135-degree angle between your thighs and torso will help you maintain a painless back and spine.
So, which advice would you follow at this point? What they told you initially or the information which you just acquired? Is there no ideal posture in which you can sit comfortably for hours at a stretch? If you really want to solve this dilemma, you need to understand why those researchers advocated the 135-degree angle. They did it because they felt that such a position would help reduce stress on your lower back with lesser spine movements. But we all know how difficult it is to work in a slouching position.
Further problems await…
You’ll end up straining your eyes and hands to see and reach your work-desk, which moves further away as you lean back. More importantly, you cannot maintain the angle too as there is no tension spring in your back to stop you from slouching more. But there are more important things on your desk which would make you ogle at the screen in confusion or amazement or reach out to your keyboard.
This would again make you lean in front, misaligning your spine and stressing all your lower back and neck muscles into a perpetual cycle of spasms and pains. Do you understand now, why you can’t keep those 135-degrees between your thighs and torso? Do you get why sitting upright with a stacked spine as your mother told still holds true? But as you are working in this age with so many things out of place, you surely have had a chance to lean back once in a while or take a nap with the help of that magic contraption we spoke about earlier –the Tilt Tensioner.
So now you know, that even if your job compels you to sit all day at your desk, standing up for a short stretch break or a few quick steps around the recess is the simplest way to reset the tension in your spine. And if you are slouching back or leaning forward, just maintain a balance between both. Keep a check on how far you are leaning back and how often you are bending your spine to stare at the screen.
Why Would You Want a Reclining Office Chair with Footrest?
There are several reasons that a person might choose a reclining office chair over the traditional style. Perhaps, its purpose is to also offer the choice of relaxing or taking a break after you’ve worked so hard or maybe you like to lean back and take a look at your completed job.
Reclining chairs multi-task, they provide you more options for adjustments, and the reclining features help to stretch out your back muscles and promote better circulation, which in turn assists in keeping you more focused on your work.
However, besides relaxing at your desk, these are good because of the ergonomic features. They will support the lumbar region of the back, allowing for better posture and additional movement. Plus, if you add a footrest to the equation, you’re then reaping the full benefits of the reclining chair.
There are plenty of other things in your office environment that will help you become more efficient. Check out our reviews on other pieces of office furniture and see if you need anything else for your home office.
Benefits of Recliner Office Chairs
We can testify that there are plenty of advantages to reclining office chairs.
- Rejuvenated mind and body after intermittent relaxation tends to create better productivity.
- Keeps the body from becoming stagnant in a constant sitting position.
- Allows for easy 360° swivel action
- More adjustments are available.
In addition to all the features and benefits of these recliner chairs, people typically consider them an executive item. And because of that, the material is generally of a higher quality. Without a doubt, this is the more attractive type of office chair.
However, if employers start to realize the importance of comfort and ergonomics in the office place, they will soon realize that it, in fact, helps them by keeping their employees comfortable and productive while taking care of their backs, legs, necks, and arms. Protect your investment. Furthermore, fewer back injuries mean less work comp claims as well.
Take the Pressure off Your Spine with a Recliner Office Chair at Work
If you’re familiar with the office environment, you also know that office and computer jobs can be tedious with long hours spent sitting in one place.
It’s not a physical job so your body is not getting the exercise and the natural movement it requires to function normally.
It’s important that if you do find yourself in this type of predicament, you need to take time away and move your body at least 10 minutes every hour.
With a reclining office chair, you can do this by leaning back, taking the pressure off your spine and legs.
If you plan on purchasing a comfortable office chair for yourself or your employees, it might be in your best interest to consider one of these ergonomic wonder chairs which are more health smart and also an attractive piece of furniture.
Our mission is to provide you with researched and valuable information on the products that you need. It’s understandable how confusing and intimidating it can be with all the choices available. The difference between us and the manufacturers or brand name companies is, we aren’t trying to sell or promote any item.
In fact, we want to provide the pros and cons of everything and only list the products that have demonstrated themselves to be a nice product.
With reclining office chairs with footrest, there are many selections and types available. Some are nice as a computer chair, some work well with a home office, and some recliner chairs provide the support you need for your back, necks, legs, and arms.
We hope our reviews of recliner office chairs and their benefits have been helpful.