- 1 Top Rated Desk Lamp Reviews
- 1.1 1. LAMPAT LED Desk Lamp
- 1.2 2. Fugetek 27 LED Desk Office Lamp
- 1.3 3. TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp
- 1.4 4. TW Lighting IVY-40BK The IVY LED Desk Lamp with USB Port
- 1.5 5. TaoTronics Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp
- 1.6 6. Phive LED Desk Lamp
- 1.7 7. BYB LED Desk Lamp
- 1.8 8. Lightblade LED Desk Lamp
- 1.9 9. BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp
- 1.10 10. Gerintech Multifunctional Desk Lamp
- 1.11 11. Drevet LED Desk Table Lamp
- 1.12 12. Soft-tech – LED Desk Lamp
- 1.13 13. Stella Lighting Task Lamp
- 1.14 14. Lite Source Halogen Desk Lamp
- 2 Let’s Focus On the Different Types Of Desk Lamps
- 3 How to Buy the Best Desk Lamp for Your Eyes
- 4 Are LED Desk Lamps Harmful to Your Eyes?
- 5 5 Lighting Tips That Can Lead to a Better Eye Health!
- 6 Desk Lamps for Your Eyes & Worklights Tips
- 7 7 Tips for That Perfect Home/ Office Lighting For Computer Work
- 8 Tips for Choosing the Best Desk Lamp for Your Eyes’ Health?
- 9 Best Desk Lamps Comparison Chart For 2020
- 10 Why is Lighting Important for The Aging Eyes?
Did you know that Luxo Jr, the mascot of Pixar Animation Studios, is actually a dancing desk lamp?
Be it reading a book or working late or simply to have a soothing environment in the room, our last resort is always the best desk lamp. And not only that, the desk lamps make our desktops look really cool, don’t they? It is almost as if they reflect our personality on a desk! Desktop lamps have become an indispensable part of not only the voracious readers but almost all of us. But how would you judge which is the right product that would suit your needs?
The following article gives you an in-depth answer to all your queries and also the best desktop lamp reviews. Not only that focuses on the related aspects like buying guide, materials, and most importantly how to select the best desktop lamp that would be suitable for your eyes.
LAMPAT LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Fugetek 27 LED Desk Office Lamp
|View On Amazon|
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
TW Lighting IVY-40BK The IVY LED Desk Lamp with USB Port
|View On Amazon|
TaoTronics Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Phive LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
BYB LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Top Rated Desk Lamp Reviews
1. LAMPAT LED Desk Lamp
Talking about pocket-friendly desk lamps, the LAMPAT desk lamps are perfect for the souls whose desk lamps need to be replaced in the middle of the semester. Coming with a USB port to help you charge the dying phone or iPod, this extra sleek LED desk lamp is perfect to tackle the space crunch. Be it on a table full of books or a small corner of your room, the light will, of course, portray your heightened taste.
- No glare reflects on screen
- Futuristic finish
- Touch dimmer
- This lamp is great for people who perform detailed tasks like architectural drawing and sewing.
- The lamp lets you operate the hue and intensity which is extremely helpful at a time when you just want to relax on a dim light.
- The sleek design can sit comfortably on any surface but again the arm-base ratio gets disturbed when the arm is extended to the fullest. You just don’t want a bad trip, do you?
2. Fugetek 27 LED Desk Office Lamp
Fugetek is the product that you always forget to replace the bulb. Because let’s be fair, a bulb replacement is the last thing on your mind when your schedule is chaotic enough as it is. The LED bulb will last up to 50,000 hours under normal use. And who wouldn’t love having colorful light modes? With this desk lamp, you get 5 brightness modes and 4 light color modes, which will just make it more fun to use.
As for other features, you get an auto-off timer feature, and also a smartphone charging feature, through a USB port. Keep in mind that to power the unit, you must use an AC adapter. Last, but not least, the design is simple and will save you a lot of space.
- Auto off timer
- Smartphone charging USB port
- 5 brightness modes
- 3 color modes
- Recessed eye saving LEDs
- Up to 50,000 hours of battery life
To be fair:
- Although this unit allows you to charge your phone too, it only works for devices that are 5V, 1-1.5A. It might get damaged if you use it with devices that require more.
- While adjustable, the lamp doesn’t have such a heavy base, so it can move when you try to adjust the light.
3. TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp
It’s always amazing to have extra charging options for your phone, and this desk lamp can offer this to you. It has a functional USB charging port, which can keep your phone at full charge in case you’re left with no battery life in the middle of an important task. But there’s more to it than that – you can easily create the best lighting environment by combining the multiple modes this lamp provides. It has 5 color modes, as well as 7 brightness levels. On top of that, the LED is energy efficient and will save you on the electricity bill. This lamp can reduce the bill by up to 75%. Adjusting the lamp is possible too, making it easier for you to get the light wherever you need.
- Energy-efficient LED
- Adjustable design
- 7 brightness levels
- 5 color modes
- Friendly light that doesn’t harm your eyes
- Built-in USB port for phone charging
Let’s be honest:
- Although you can make lighting settings, the lamp might default to half of the power, so you might have to make settings manually each time.
- It is not the most qualitative item out there, so the chances are that it might stop working after a while.
4. TW Lighting IVY-40BK The IVY LED Desk Lamp with USB Port
Whether you have to use a desk lamp for your office, home, school or anything of the sort, this item is just what you need. It’s versatile and can be used pretty much anywhere. Isn’t that great? It also comes with a built-in USB outlet – just perfect for charging your phone. Whether you have an Android smartphone or an iPhone, you can rest assured that your battery won’t die. Besides, the lamp has a nice, contemporary design. The brightness is dimmable so you can get the right amount of light at any time. And don’t worry about energy savings – this lamp can save up to 65% energy because it uses only as little as 3 watts.
- Energy star rated
- UL listed
- Can be used in multiple places
- High efficiency LED
- Can save up to 65% energy
- Can use as little as 3 watts
- Built-in USB outlet
- Adjusting neck
- It’s a great lamp but it tends to get dusty really quickly.
- The packaging may not be that amazing, which causes the lamp to arrive damaged.
5. TaoTronics Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp
The next unit on our list of reviews is this highly efficient and versatile desk lamp. What we like the most about is that it allows you to change the color modes and brightness according to your mood, the atmosphere around, and the tasks you are performing. The five colors and are made to suit all kinds of eye sensitivity. The body of the lamp is durable and flexible. You can rotate the base, the neck, and the head to position it closer to or farther from yourself. The timer gives you the freedom to fall asleep with the lamp on, and it will automatically switch off. Thanks to the memory function, you can enter your preferred settings once, and the lamp will remember them as your favorite light. You will then have to press only one button to receive the color temperature you prefer.
- Modern, stylish design
- Fully rotatable body
- USB port
- Memory function
- Color temperature: 2700 – 6500 K
- 5 colors and 6 brightness levels
Let’s get real
- This modern lamp is genuinely marvelous. You get to experience all the innovative features in just one unit that functions to serve your eyes and protect them. It is made to turn into your own personal device after only one use thanks to the memory function. Overall, you will not regret purchasing it.
- Maybe the only main disadvantage is that the base produces a pitched noise when it starts working. However, it should not disturb your work or free time.
6. Phive LED Desk Lamp
This desk lamp brings you yet another set of great features to help you perform well when you work. First of all, it will protect your eyes from the light and from getting too tired. The intensity of the lamp is close to daylight illumination. This way, your eyes will not be shocked by the difference. The emission of light excludes ghosts and glare. This unit gives you flexibility. You can rotate the body and adjust the metal arm as it is convenient for the time of day and your room. The smart settings allow you to save your favorite type of light and use them later on. The lamp will last so long that you will not need to change the bulb in the next 25 years. The type of bulb also saves you energy and is thus environment-friendly.
- Memory of brightness
- Adjustable metal arm
- Rotatable body
- Sturdy clamp
- User Manual
- Power Adapter
- Voltage: 8 Watts
- This desk lamp might be on the cheaper end of the price list, but it still does the job. It saves you both time and energy thanks to the memory light mode and the long-lasting bulb. You will get a valuable product for your money.
- The disadvantage of this product is in the manufacturer’s description. It says that the head of the lamp swivels at 180 degrees. However, it will be challenging to turn it that much and to direct the light. The body and the arm, on the other hand, are fully adjustable.
7. BYB LED Desk Lamp
Swing arms will never go out of fashion, we assure you. This lamp has a, wait for it, touch-sensitive panel to control the modes. Best for task lighting, the metal finish makes it look sophisticated. Perfect for doing intricate paintings or designs under this light, it would certainly be an eye-catcher if placed on your large office glass-top table. Say goodbye to eye-strains and an uncontrollable electric bill if you choose to own this LED desk lamp.
- 4 lighting modes
- 6 dimming levels
- Dedicated eye-care diffusion panel
- Touch-sensitive control-panel
- Aluminum alloy body
Coming down to reality:
- Honestly, we are missing a firm base of the desk lamp here. The clamp looks a bit incomplete with the swing arms for sure.
- Do not think of settling for this desk lamp for a bedside table or so. Because if your head is not above the lamp, the touchpad is actually not visible. But this can be solved with the toggle-switch though, which can instantly just cut the light, but the dimming cannot be adjusted while sitting on the same level with the desk lamp.
- Artists, photographers, architects, sewing experts, this is the right desk lamp for you. Maybe the clamp is a visual turn off, but it works wonders on a small desk or a machine where you can just clip it and light it!
Lightblade LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Gerintech Multifunctional Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Drevet LED Desk Table Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Soft-tech – LED Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Stella Lighting Task Lamp
|View On Amazon|
Lite Source Halogen Desk Lamp
|View On Amazon|
8. Lightblade LED Desk Lamp
This is simply desk lamps taken to a different level altogether. The dual-tone changing LED desk lamp comes with a pivoting head that can be twisted to all directions. It is extremely pocket-friendly since this LED desk lamp only uses 1 Watt of power at the normal lighting level. The touch sensors at the bottom of the desk lamp let you control the dimming level smoothly and the really sleep design would work wonders on your work table. Ambient and task lighting, both would work well with this gorgeous black beauty.
- Improved lighting control
- The best and the brightest Lumiy LEDs
- Adjustable brightness and color sensors
- Huge savings due to extremely low Watt usage
Now, to speak the truth:
- A USB charging port for cell phones and tablets, this feature is absolutely mind-blowing!
- It is an amazing buy for an entry-level budget. Things cannot get any better than this.
- This desk lamp is perfectly suitable for study tables or bedside tables due to its omnidirectional head which would make it easier for the reader or writer to control the way the desk lamp lights up space. stylish and sleek, this would certainly win your heart at with its meager pricing but updated features.
9. BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp
Chic would certainly be the other name of this reading lamp. This is a smart desktop lamp with features such as mood lighting and smart lighting; oh yes, you heard that right! The idea behind this stunning creation is to say goodbye to tired eyes forever. With our generation staring entirely at illuminated screens forever, the lamp is specifically designed to avoid the monstrous glare on the laptop or desktop or even tablet screens which would certainly lead to higher working or reading hours as the eye-muscles remain comparatively relaxed.
- Optimal Flexibility
- Mood Lighting
- Smart Lighting
- Zero Flicker
- Even distribution of light
- Massive life-span
- Intelligent e-reading mode
Coming down to real life:
- Customers may just think that the steep pricing of just a desk lamp is outrageous, but then this is not just another desk lamp. The investment is absolutely justified considering how versatile the product is!
- If painting is what you do, try playing with colors in this soft translucent light. You will soon realize how much of an effort you’re putting on your eyes. And oh, the smooth metal finish!
10. Gerintech Multifunctional Desk Lamp
We were really impressed with this Gerintech desk lamp because it is perfect for younger and older students as well as for adults. It is so versatile that it combines different products in one. The desk lamp can be used as a phone holder or a pencil case. The instructions on how to do this are not very clear, but you will learn it very quickly. The unit is very careful with the eyes. The light is soft and is dispersed evenly to prevent glare and eye exhaustion. You can choose from 3 levels of dimmable brightness according to your preferences.
- Multifunctional uses
- Voltage: 5 or 8 W
- Color Temperature: 3700~4000K
- 3 levels of brightness LEDs
To speak the truth
- Your whole family will love this desk lamp because it is merely and genuinely more than a desk lamp as we have already explained. It combines so many appealing features in addition to the most important one: eye protection.
Frankly, the instructions are not very clear. However, these are minor inconveniences compared to the lamp’s excellent performance as an adjustable illumination device.
11. Drevet LED Desk Table Lamp
You might be looking for a good lamp with multiple brightness levels, and this Drevet product won’t disappoint. It comes with 3 adjustable brightness settings and 3 lighting modes to ensure you will never lack the right amount of light. But what you’ll truly love is the fact that there are multiple functions that come with this lamp. You have a memory function and a 60-minute timer. Not to mention that you get a 3-port USB charger too, which is great for charging your phone, tablet or another device. There will be a quality guaranty too so in case you are not pleased with this product, you can contact the manufacturers.
- 3-port USB charger
- 3 brightness levels dimmable
- 4 amps per port or 4 amps overall
- Quality guaranty
- 2 safe outlet power sockets
- 60-minute timer
- While the lamp has multiple brightness options, you don’t have color options, and you might not like the current color.
- There are USB ports for charging, but they don’t always charge as well as you want them to.
12. Soft-tech – LED Desk Lamp
A desk lamp at an unbelievably affordable price with 4 lighting modes and 5 level dimmer, could life get any better than this? The cherry on top, this even has a USB port for charging phones, i-pods or tablets. The desk lamp LEDs are blessed with non-flickering technology which will successfully reduce eye-straining and hence effectively help in increasing work hours. It can be used for spot or ambient lighting, this smart desk lamp also has an auto timer that cuts the power after prolonged usage.
- Touch-sensitive control panel
- Extremely affordable
- The USB port for charging gadgets
- Auto-off timer
- Flicker-free technology
- The color-changing technology is pretty cool and to be made available in a price tag like this is a miracle.
- The ample varieties of dimming options are also an impressive feature that will let you enjoy the light in accordance with your mood.
- Budget-friendly for young adults and students, this will grace your study or work table perfectly, be it a glass or wooden top.
13. Stella Lighting Task Lamp
The Stella Lightning Task Lamp is one of the coolest in the market with its ultra-sleek body and next-gen look that definitely adds to the aesthetic value of your will working or reading space. The lamp comes with three interchangeable modes to suit the level of lighting you need and you can easily switch from a warm tone to a cooler tone to suit your own purpose. What’s more, you can even dim the specific modes to readjust the intensity of the light at each level. This product has received amazing reviews from the needle-workers who have claimed that the sharp intensity makes sewing an easier job without a flinch of the eye muscles.
- 5 stages of dimming
- Goodbye overheating
- Futuristic design
- Extremely portable
To be very honest:
- This desk lamp is a killer bargain when it comes to its price. Despite its smooth plastic finish (which might be a turn-off for many) this desk lamp does not fail to deliver a stunning appearance.
- Twist and turn it the way you want to and enjoy an amazingly powerful illumination from this pocket-size powerhouse!
14. Lite Source Halogen Desk Lamp
You will certainly want to add this uber-cool desktop lamp as a decorative piece on your desktop. The weighted base with a counter-balance for the arms of the lamp makes it look like one of those things you picked up from an antique store. This lamp is most suitable for task lighting and would sit perfectly on a wooden top. The bulbs are easily available and the desk lamp comes with dual light options. The tone of the light is warm with a sharp but diffused intensity to make it easier for the eyes to handle.
- Black matte finish
- Old-school design
- Bulbs are included
- Hi/low rocker switch
- This desk lamp is a sign of your classy personality, of the creative aspects of your life that still relishes the old world charm! Go on, install it on one corner of your space as an ornamental piece.
- The only problem might be the dual light mode options, but the amazing illumination will surely compensate for it.
PS.Surely if you select such a quirky piece in a boutique lamp store, you may have to shell out a fortune!
Let’s Focus On the Different Types Of Desk Lamps
As time rolled on, desk lamps have also passed through changes and modifications. There four most favorable types of desk lamps are
- Goose Neck
- Swing Arm
The Banker’s Desk Lamp
- Dating back to the early 19th century, the Banker’s lamp is characterized by the iconic green lampshade, a brass lamp stand and a golden pull-chain switch on the side.
- The lampshade can also be customized to stained glass pieces that are used to ornament darker parts of the room, maybe accompanied by a small indoor plant by it. Banker’s lamp is an old-world charmer.
- The reason why it came with a green lampshade was that it was believed that green was the color that would induce an air of creativity all around. That is why these were installed at art galleries, music, and dance halls so that the performers could be under the influential aura of the light.
- The intricate designs on the base of the lampstand not only beautify the space but also reflect the heightened taste of the buyer.
- A banker’s desk lamp should be chosen by a buyer if space, where it is to be installed, has an antique or colonial touch to it, of not a creative sphere.
Clamp-on Desk Lamp
- The clamp-on desk lamps are nothing but a modern rendition of the desk lamp in the most portable fashion. These desk lamps, as the name suggests, can be attached to books, tablets, kindles and laptop skins.
- The light is sharp and is effective for detailed works. These kinds of desk lamps are perfect for smaller desks.
- Also, these are very popular with people who are into professions such as architecture or sewing since the sharp light is extremely effective for minute detailing yet it does not hurt the eye muscles or strain them in any way.
- Mostly used by technical professions and kindle users, the clamp-on desk lamps are perfect to save that space crunch and also in shared rooms or hostels where a big desk lamp might cause a problem for the other individual.
Goose Neck Desk Lamp
- The gooseneck desk lamps are immensely popular as decorative pieces of larger desks. The lamps are attached to flexible lampstands or shafts. This arrangement allows the user to twist the source of illumination in any way needed without moving the object that needs to be illuminated.
- The gooseneck desk lamps are mainly used in places like factories, art conservatories, architecture firms, and so on.
- The lamps do not have a fixed desk base at times and are installed on walls even.
- The gooseneck desk lamps are also used as bedside lamps at times, to make bedside tables look more elegant and of course as they provide the proper illumination for activities such as reading a book before hitting the bed.
- The curvy design comes with a potential of powerful illumination and adds a touch of elegance in a small or a large space.
- The gooseneck desk lamps sit perfectly on polished wood or glass and provide ease of access to the users. The gooseneck lamps can be a clip-on or come with a heavy base.
Swing Arm Desk Lamp
- These are nothing but bulbs that are attached to the end of one or multiple swing arms which are balanced in the middle or at the end. The impressive design will surely add to the oomph factor of your desk.
- Ranging from a tall or moderate height, the bulbs are easily changeable and mainly come with dual bulb options.
- Ambiance or mood lighting settings are generally not found in swing arm desk lamps.
- The sophisticated designs make it suitable for installation at any kind of space but preferably larger spaces would benefit from its impressive design.
- This lamp can be bought as an all-purpose desk lamp, but it would not what would sit perfectly on a bedside table or a small round table. This lamp needs a proper desk and a bit of space to operate.
- Swingarm desk lamps are not necessarily portable in nature and are generally mounted on a surface permanently.
- Also, these cannot be mounted on a vertical surface but needs a horizontal base always.
How to Buy the Best Desk Lamp for Your Eyes
It is very important to understand the physical dimensions and the materials of each and the table desk lamp that one is buying. For example, for any industrial purpose where a lot of heat is generated in the surrounding, one cannot simply use a plastic finish as there will always a possibility that the quality of the lamp might be affected.
- So, the solution? Mainly the material that can last for a long time without any kind of corrosion of the surface is chrome steel. The polish, if used delicately, will last for years. Chrome steel is mainly used to produce gooseneck LED desk lamps that have a futuristic look and are loved by individuals who want to decorate their office desks and homes with futuristic pieces.
- What else should you consider? While selecting a perfect desk lamp, you should also concentrate on the height of the desk lamp as it will determine whether you are buying the lamp for accent lighting, ambient lighting or simply as a decorative item or specific task lighting like writing, studying or designing. The colors of the desk lamps should be coordinated with the colors of the walls and also the material and the finish should match with that of the entire desk arrangement. If it is for the kid’s room, then a clamp on with vivid colors should be enough to motivate the young mind to paint or sit with a book and finish the not-so-exciting homework.
Some more Questions to Consider…
- Why should you place importance on just a desk lamp? Light can change the mood and tone of any situation and hence it is very important to think and invest in desk lamps and those would be an important part of our lives. Various DIY desk lamp designing are also available nowadays which would give you a perfect idea about the placement of each and every lamp. The best desk lamps will not only save your eyes, but also save you from an array of adverse situations such as fatigue, high pressure, and headache. Hence it is very important that before shelling out a lump-sum amount on any desk lamp, the need is understood. It is okay if you are at the comfort of your home, but for people who work at small spaces such as tiny cubicles or dark rooms and lockers, the only source of light is perhaps a desk lamp. Hence essentially only the best desktop lamps should be chosen and invested on to avoid any permanent damage to the eyes and have a life that is illuminated to perfection.
- Yes, you can experiment as well! A banker’s lamp can be made into a creative piece by hand painting on the glass lampshade which and the shadows of the painted objects would finally reflect on the nearby wall which would add to the fun of the little one. The clamp-on desk lamps are best if the clamps are not made of cheap plastic as that would certainly break in a jiffy if the clip is used on a thicker surface. Metal clamps for hanging desk lamps are also available in the market.
So, who would have thought so much of effort goes into what you thought was, “just buying a desk lamp?”
Are LED Desk Lamps Harmful to Your Eyes?
LED lamps have almost overtaken the existence of all the other lamps. When we think of lighting our homes or offices, all we think that let us decorate the place with LED lamps. Even when we are thinking about festival decorations, we opt for LED strips and LED strings, surely you will agree. But at some point, when you stare at the powerful intensity of the LED, you must have wondered that does this sharp light has an adverse effect on our eyes?
We cannot live without sweets and savories, but too much sugar is of course not good for our health. Similarly, too much exposure to LED is not good for our eyes, but a normal balanced exposure should not cause any permanent damage to our eyes.
What to Pay Attention To
- The LEDs and CFLs produce a kind of blue light, which is responsible for the regulation of the circadian rhythm of our body, the constant exposure to which may permanently damage our eyesight.
- Today’s generation is constantly staring at the screen, be it a tablet, phone, laptop or even an iPod. This non-stop exposure is putting us at a higher risk of eye muscle damage.
- The major mistake that we tend to make is to use our phones or laptops on our beds before we go to sleep. This should absolutely be avoided and the screens should be dimmed and kept as far away as possible to relieve the body from blue light exposure.
Energy and money will, of course, be saved by LED installation, but you should also be careful about your own health. As they say, a little bit of everything doesn’t hurt, but too much of anything turns out to be pretty bad.
5 Lighting Tips That Can Lead to a Better Eye Health!
No. 2 is so easy but you never have done it for sure.
Set up your table at home in spots where natural light is abundant. Reading, writing or working at a space, where there is great natural light, keep your eye muscles soothed. If it is a reading room, ditch the idea that you have to decorate the space with a library-like feeling but keep it light and airy, where the sunlight can make your face shine.
Natural light also depends on the angle at which you work. This is why we advise you to look for the right office chair. Follow our reviews of the most comfortable office chairs and make the correct choice now.
Just like you have regulators for fans and air conditioners, install light regulating systems. Though it might be a little hefty on the pocket, the entire lighting system of your homes will be on your grip. What more? You can adjust the brightness, intensity, and hue of the lights, which will help you relax your eye muscles. Sit on the sofa with your beloved book and coffee and have a warm tone to simply relax your eyes as you smoothly glide through one page after another.
You can use different intensities of lights at different zones to help your eyes adjust faster to the light that is required. For example, you do not need a very powerful light on your closet, but you do need a proper lighting system on your desk. So you can use different kinds of lights to help the eyes in adjusting to the temperament of the light that is perfect for the specific zones. But don’t zone out just yet! If the desk where you work is large and the activity is light in nature, like storybook reading or pencil sketching, go for ambient lighting rather than task lighting. Task lighting can at times tax the eye muscles too much and it may affect the overall health of the eyes after prolonged exposure. Eliminating eyestrain during office work is a tough challenge.
Use overhead lights as much as possible in the spaces like kitchens and common floors so that our eyes do not even meet the light-emitting panel in any way. The LEDs in overhead lighting are at a larger distance than that of desk lamps which is a boon in disguise.
Desk Lamps for Your Eyes & Worklights Tips
Desk Lamps Come to Your rescue!
Not only for little kids but even for adults, concentration and focus are influenced by nothing other than the lighting system near the study table. So, here are some tips to set up the best lighting system near your study table.
- The direct source of light should be kept away from the eyes as much as possible. Even while using desk lamps for dedicated reading, the LED should not come at a level where you can directly stare at it.
- The intensity of the light should not be extremely sharp but the hue should not be sleepy and dull either.
- Abundant use of sunlight whenever possible.
- Shadows should not fall on your study table, so if the lighting is overhead, it should be positioned properly.
7 Tips for That Perfect Home/ Office Lighting For Computer Work
We know No. 1 is your favorite
- There should be ample space for the sunlight to play around in the room.
- LED and CFL lighting should be used for a more economically beneficial return in the long run.
- Each table or cubicle should be provided with a dedicated desk lamp.
- Overhead lighting should be used as much as possible and regulators should be installed as well.
- The home or workplace mood can be uplifted from slow to super fast with the turn of the switch, so install mood lighting and notice the difference. Be it an office party or a cozy gets together at home, mood lighting always works its charm.
- Use trendy shades to dress up spaces like racks and closets.
- Select your lights in coordination with your walls, curtains and of course the theme with which you want to experiment! Just pick the coolest lampshades and throw in some jazz. Let the light illuminate your life!
Tips for Choosing the Best Desk Lamp for Your Eyes’ Health?
While selecting desk lamps you should be extremely picky. Yes, as difficult as it may sound, but optimal eye health is necessary and all the desk lamps certainly do not provide the best features, which will help you protect those tired eye muscles. Re-check if the following features are available on your desk lamp. Else, change is the only constant, you know it!
- It better be flicker-free
- Should have dimming options
- make sure it’s portable
- Should have a soft illumination
- Might as well have a hue-changer
Best Desk Lamps Comparison Chart For 2020
|LAMPAT LED Desk Lamp||$||True||Painted||Plastic||10 watts||18.5 x 7 x 2.5||2.9 pounds|
|Fugetek 27 LED Desk Office Lamp||$||Exclusive: Recessed LEDs||Jet Black||Plastic, abs||14 watts||12.5 x 8 x 16.5″||3 pounds|
|TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp||$||Contemporary||White||Metal, Plastic||12 watts||16.9 x 7.1 x 7.1″||1.8 pounds|
|TW Lighting IVY-40BK The IVY LED Desk Lamp with USB Port||$||Basic||Black||ABS||7 watts||6 x 4 x 6″||1 pound|
|TaoTronics Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp||$$||Modern||Matt||Metal||12 watts||18.9 x 5.3 x 17.2″||4.43 pounds|
|Phive LED Desk Lamp||$$||Modern||Matte||Aluminum||8 watts||21 x 2.9 x 7.2″||3 pounds|
|BYB LED Desk Lamp||$$||Architectural||Matte||Metal||8 watts||21.3 x 7.5 x 3.8||3.6 pounds|
|Lightblade LED Desk Lamp||$$||Contemporary||Black||N / A||8 watts||17.8 x 7.9 x 3.4||4.2 pounds|
|BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp||$$$$$||Modern||Brushed Steel||Metal||18 watts||24.6 x 23.2 x 8.7||10.4 pounds|
|Gerintech Multifunctional Desk Lamp||$||Modern||ABS||Plastic||5 or 8 watts||8 x 5.1 x 3.5″||11.4 ounces|
|Drevet LED Desk Table Lamp||$||Classic||White||Plastic||12||13.5 x 4.8 x 2.6″||1.68 pounds|
|Soft-tech - LED Desk Lamp||$$$||Contemporary||Painted||Plastic||11 watts||13.8 x 7 x 17.7||2.4 pounds|
|Stella Lighting Task Lamp||$$$$||Contemporary||White||Plastic||10 watts||7.8 x 8.8 x 15.2||4 pounds|
|Lite Source Halogen Desk Lamp||$$||Contemporary||Black-matte||Metal||50 watts||28 x 11 x 6||8.9 pounds|
Why is Lighting Important for The Aging Eyes?
With each passing day, our eye muscles are losing their precision thanks to the constant exposure to the light-emitting screens. For the aging eyes, lighting is very important since the vision is getting blurrier as our eyes age.
For people, who have reached a certain amount of age, proper and crisp lighting is important for them to understand the physical dimensions and aspects of an object.
So, a simple overhead light might not work for the aging eyes, but task lighting would certainly be fair when it comes to activities like reading, writing or painting.
After a tiring day at college and work, when you sink into the sofa, do you feel things are getting blurry even for a fraction of a second?
Take care of your eyes! Use proper lighting as it is a sign that your eye muscles are sore and they are malfunctioning. Use the best desk lamps that we have suggested and let the worry about your eye-health jump out of the window. Desk lamp reviews explain the most important things to know when shopping for the right office equipment for your needs.
In conclusion, we can only recommend that you check our reviews section again that you spread the word regarding our articles. Make sure more people benefit from our work and we’ll try harder to provide up to date reviews on all sorts of office and home office furniture. Pop us a commend with a question or some feedback. We are always available.